Hilti Outperformer - Our Global Management Development Program
Do you have what it takes
Do you have a recent Master's degree?
Are you fluent in English and another language?
Would you relish the opportunity to live and work internationally?
Do you have the drive and desire for a career in global senior management?
Hilti Outperformer could be the fast-track career starter you're after. We offer three different tracks: Business, Engineering and Logistics.
Real responsibility from day one
Hilti Outperformer is a global management development program like no other. Over a two-year period, we'll prepare you for a global leadership career by putting you right in the center of our customer-focused business model and giving you full responsibility from day one.
Yes, it's fast paced and challenging. But we'll closely coach and mentor you while broadening your experience through a range of international management projects and an impactful social project. You'll also get the support you need to learn, grow and carve your own career. Aside from enjoying an incredible experience and making friends along the way, you'll gain a qualification from the top-ranking IMD business school in Lausanne, Switzerland.
Step inside the world of our outperformers
Are you curious about what our participants say about the program? Do you want to read about their experience around the world?
Step inside "Outperformer Moments" and experience this and much more. Get in contact with our partipants and they'll be happy to share their personal story with you.
Why you’re perfect for the program
• You've recently graduated, or you're preparing to graduate, with a Master's degree or PhD.
• Business Track: Your degree is likely to be in business management or engineering, but we'll consider subjects like economics, politics or international studies if you can prove you have a mind for our business.
• Engineering Track: Your degree is in engineering, be it mechanical or electrical, civil or industrial, aeronautical or materials science.
• Logistics Track: Your degree is in logistics or supply chain management.
• You're ambitious for a career in global senior management.
• You've spent at least three months in a professional environment, like an internship, apprenticeship or work experience, or have just started your career and want an opportunity where you can perform well and progress.
• You've gained international experience during your work or studies.
• You're multilingual – fluent in English plus another language or two. You'll need this skill to work in different regions.
• You're mature and assertive, curious and committed.
• You're a flexible team player with good communication and social skills.
• You're a global thinker, keen for cultural experiences and opportunities working abroad.
From the start, you'll be working with colleagues from around the world, gaining exposure to senior management, as well as your own personal mentor. This means joining meetings with board members and attending global summits as part of a high-performing team. You'll be given a variety of roles, learn about meeting the needs of our demanding customers and get involved with some high-profile, business-critical assignments. You'll also do a program at IMD business school in Switzerland, and take part in a life-changing social project.
During your program, we'll prepare you for a global leadership career through a variety of fascinating courses and events:
• Leadership development program – a comprehensive learning journey with IMD business school in Lausanne, Switzerland, designed to expand your thinking about work and your role as an emerging leader. Covering a wide range of modules, like strategic thinking, finance, execution and global leadership, it's a combination of online, classroom and outdoor training - individually and in teams - with a certificate from IMD.
• Business management training – individual training at Hilti. A focus on behavioural profiles, personal strengths, leadership styles, communication skills and presentation tools.
• Global summit – 4-5 days at our global headquarters in Liechtenstein. A look at the way global business units function, both independently and cooperatively, as well as soft skills like situational leadership, international teamwork, networking and culture.
• Social project – 7-8 days 'building a better future'. A hands-on community project like our recent house building in Bosnia. Between laying bricks, you'll learn how catastrophes such as war, famine and natural disaster can affect people and business in a region.
Throughout your program, you'll discuss your next roles and locations with your mentor and regional program manager. This way, you'll get the best possible exposure and understanding of the business.
Details of the three tracks, business, engineering and logistics, are below:
"You have access to the most senior leaders at Hilti - to the executive board and to the top local leaders, too. It really helps with developing your own career, as you can find out about all the different roles and paths they've taken.”
- Aidan, Business Global Trainee
"I joined Hilti just two months ago, and straight away felt I could depend on the help and support of my colleagues. If I have any questions or need advice, my manager is always there for me."
- Colin, Logistics Global Trainee
Click on 'Apply Now' below, which will take you to our online application system.
• Choose a track: business, engineering or logistics.
• Choose a country. You must be fluent in the local language and hold a permit to work there.
• Upload your resume.
• Also include any references, such as letters of recommendation from universities, internships or professional experience
• If we think you're suited to the program, we'll invite you for a first round of interviews with HR.
• You'll then be invited on a 'field ride' to experience a day in the life of a Hilti account manager or field engineer.
• If this goes well, we'll invite you to a regional assessment center.
• Along the way, we'll be clear and honest with you about your progress, so you'll always know where you stand.
• If successful, the starting date of your program will depend on the region and your availability.
Current Outperformers share their experience
Christopher and Lincoln share their experience with prior jobs and education and what it was like to transition into the Hilti Outperformer program.
"Hilti Outperformer gives driven young people a unique combination of direction and freedom to carve their careers. We'll give you lots of responsibility from very early on, along with opportunities to experience different cultures and discuss your next steps. Our global trainees have a lot of fun too. Whether it's building houses on our social project or skiing at weekends, they form a deep bond, like a big international family."