Warehouse Worker - Visalia, CA
What's the role?
The Warehouse Worker is responsible to provide superior sales support and customer service by working with the distribution team through the receiving, warehousing, and order fulfillment functions, as well as organizational Lean objectives.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
• Responsible for the preparation and shipping of outbound parcels and receipt of inbound product
• Maintain functional expertise by reviewing and retaining task related ERP system transactions
• Contribute to team goals by accomplishing tasks while meeting key performance targets
• Maintain a safe and clean work environment by keeping pallet areas, racks, shelves, and workstations neat and orderly
• Prepare Hazmat paperwork for related shipments (UPS / FEDEX / LTL)
• Prepare Bills of Lading
• Maintain inventory control by utilizing appropriate equipment and performing cycle counts
• Maintain quality service by following organizational standards
• Take lead role in projects when relied upon
• Communicate clearly both orally and in writing to internal and external customers as needed
• Take on a variety of roles within a given work day
• Other duties as needed or assigned
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role and one-to-one coaching. You’ll enjoy a rare combination of autonomy and camaraderie, as you’ll manage your own book of business while being part of a friendly team.We’ll give you lots of responsibility, including your own portfolio of customers and these might be trades experts, project managers, or company leaders. From there, we’ll trust you to do whatever it takes to deliver outstanding results. Go the extra mile and we’ll reward you with unrivaled training, development, and career opportunities as soon as you’re ready for the next challenge.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
• High School Diploma or GED, preferred
• 2 years of proven warehouse experience, required
• PC literate; proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, and Outlook
• Excellent attention to detail
• Good math skills
• Power equipment skills (forklift, pallet jack)
• Effective oral communication skills
• Ability to work in a team environment and maintain self- responsibility
• Ability to stay committed, maintain integrity, and practice innovation
• Dependability a must
• Willingness to travel to support HNA distribution network
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.