Warehouse Worker II - Woodinville, WA
What's the role?
The Warehouse Worker is responsible to provide superior sales support and customer service by working with the distribution team through the receiving, warehousing, and order fulfillment functions, as well as organizational Lean objectives.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 29,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
• Responsible for the preparation and shipping of outbound parcels and receipt of inbound product
• Maintain functional expertise by reviewing and retaining task related ERP system transactions
• Contribute to team goals by accomplishing tasks while meeting key performance targets
• Maintain a safe and clean work environment by keeping pallet areas, racks, shelves, and workstations neat and orderly
• Prepare Hazmat paperwork for related shipments (UPS / FEDEX / LTL)
• Prepare Bills of Lading
• Maintain inventory control by utilizing appropriate equipment and performing cycle counts
• Maintain quality service by following organizational standards
• Take lead role in projects when relied upon
• Communicate clearly both orally and in writing to internal and external customers as needed
• Take on a variety of roles within a given work day
• Other duties as needed or assigned
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
• High School Diploma or GED, preferred
• 2 years of proven warehouse experience, required
• PC literate; proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, and Outlook
• Excellent attention to detail
• Good math skills
• Power equipment skills (forklift, pallet jack)
• Effective oral communication skills
• Ability to work in a team environment and maintain self- responsibility
• Ability to stay committed, maintain integrity, and practice innovation
• Dependability a must
• Willingness to travel to support HNA distribution network
• Flexibility in schedule
• Ability to maintain a high sense of urgency while maintaining a clean and safe environment
• Ability to take lead role in projects when relied upon
• Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing to internal and external customers as needed
• Ability to take on a variety of roles within a given work day
Adverse Working Conditions:
• Erratic temperature control (hot in summer, cold in winter)
• Workshop environment is subject to hear, cold, noise, dust and other particles
• Operation of large equipment and machinery (i.e. production machines and forklifts)
Safety Equipment Required:
• Must observe and abide by any and all safety regulations as required by Hilti and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
• Proper labeling and handling of hazardous materials per Hilti and OSHA policy
• Must wear steel toe boots, safety glasses, safety vest, and other safety equipment as required when working in the warehouse and/or operating machinery
• Regular heavy lifting of 50 + lbs.
• Occasional heavy lifting up to 75 lbs. required
• Warehouse material handling equipment and truck loading / unloading
• Must be able to tolerate a variable climate, prolonged standing, repetitive bending and reaching, and climbing up and down ladders
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.