Warehouse Worker I- Dallas, TX
What's the role?
The Associate Warehouse Workers is responsible to provide superior sales support and customer service by working with the distribution team through the receiving, warehousing, and order fulfillment functions, as well as organizational Lean objectives. An 18-month probationary position is required to achieve T06 Journeyman position.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 28,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
• Responsible for the preparation and shipping of outbound parcels and receipt of inbound product
• Maintain functional expertise by reviewing and retaining task related ERP system transactions
• Contribute to team goals by accomplishing tasks while meeting key performance targets
• Maintain a safe and clean work environment by keeping pallet areas, racks, shelves, aisles, and workstations neat and orderly
• Prepare Hazmat paperwork for related shipments (UPS / FEDEX / LTL)
• Prepare Bills of Lading
• Maintain inventory control by utilizing appropriate equipment and performing cycle counts
• Maintain quality service by following organizational standards
• Other duties as assigned
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
• High School Diploma or GED, preferred
• PC literate; proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel
• Excellent attention to detail
• Good math skills
• Power equipment skills (forklift, pallet jack)
• Effective oral communication skills
• Ability to work in a team environment and maintain self- responsibility
• Ability to stay committed, maintain integrity, and practice innovation
• Ability to maintain a high sense of urgency
• Flexibility in schedule