Warehouse Team Lead - Dayton, NJ
What's the role?
Position provides warehousing, transportation, inventory control, people supervision, work load planning, proficiency and usage of Hilti system applications for warehouse operations. The position includes interfacing with sales, customer service, credit, and other areas at corporate headquarters. Assists in the managing & training of distribution staff to achieve company goals in service and distribution.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 29,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
• Execute all floor shop management tasks – Workload balancing, performance, and Best Practice Process management
• Run daily floor operations and direct warehouse team members to ensure execution of the defined Distribution Center (DC) targets.
• Run & supervise all daily business elements in the absence of DC management.
• Assist the DC Manager in operational aspects including but not limited to:
o Efficient and accurate receiving.
o Customer service.
o Opening procedures and tasks.
o Closing reports & procedures including securing and closing the facility at end of day.
o Mitigating inventory loss, damage and accuracy problems.
o Maximizing labor hours while developing a strong working knowledge of all warehouse equipment and the safe use of such equipment.• Assist DC management in performing operational functions within the planned annual operations budget.
• Assist in maintaining receiving schedule time lines and accuracy of receipts
• Interface with other departments of the organization to resolve issues, pursue opportunities and facilitate high levels of customer service and DC efficiency.
• Place orders from described vendors & execute expense reports following company guidelines.
• Process Returned Materials within established guidelines.
• Assist in the evaluation and implementation of Lean initiatives such as 5S, Kanban, & Kaizen events.
• Follow the process for Continuous Inventory management.
• Special Projects and other duties as assigned.
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
• Minimum High School Diploma or GED
• Associates Degree or Bachelors Preferred
• Basic understanding of warehouse management systems, SAP preferred
• Functional Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
• 2 years’ experience in a warehouse environment
Adverse Working Conditions:
• Erratic temperature control (hot in summer, cold in winter)
• Workshop environment is subject to hear, cold, noise, dust and other particles
• Operation of large equipment and machinery (i.e. production machines and forklifts)
Safety Equipment Required:
• Must observe and abide by any and all safety regulations as required by Hilti and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
• Proper labeling and handling of hazardous materials per Hilti and OSHA policy
• Must wear steel toe boots, safety glasses, safety vest, and other safety equipment as required when working in the warehouse and/or operating machinery
• Regular heavy lifting of 50 + lbs.
• Occasional heavy lifting up to 75 lbs. required
• Warehouse material handling equipment and truck loading / unloading
• Must be able to tolerate a variable climate, prolonged standing, repetitive bending and reaching, and climbing up and down ladders
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.