Warehouse Supervisor - Dallas, TX
What's the role?
The Warehouse Supervisor directs and oversees Distribution Operations personnel. This role is responsible for coordinating operational activities to include: shipping, receiving, returns, carrier scheduling, and replenishments. Supervisory responsibilities include performance monitoring, evaluation, coaching, direction of work assignments, and cross training of personnel. Additional support activities include data analysis, reporting, forecasting, inventory investigation, slotting, data pulls (BI/SAP queries), and project work.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Assist manager in recruiting and hiring process through contract agencies and onsite interviews
Train, coach, and develop warehouse employees in primary process such as, but not limited to, shipping, receiving, and inbound receipt
Assist manager in overseeing operational activities including shipping, receiving, returns, carrier scheduling, and replenishments
Execute and maintain specified reports involving forecasting, inventory management, slotting, and project work
Assist manager in performance management and corrective action
Conduct Performance Management Process (PMP) and Strategic Manpower
Development (SMD) discussions for direct reports
Drive performance by ensuring team is executing key initiatives
Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external customers to ensure quality and timely feedback to warehouse personnel and processes
Drive continuous improvement through Lean and CIP processes
Define and implement operational goals within regional targets
Responsible for site warehouse safety and site security
Additional duties as assigned
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
- High School diploma/GED required
- A minimum of 3 years of operational experience required and 2 years of supervisory experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a team-oriented workforce
- Proven experience managing personnel and expenses to meet operational objectives
- Creativity and energy; ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, customer-focused environment
- Ability to recommend, introduce, and/or implement new technologies to improve the efficiencies and economics of the pick/pack function
- Unsurpassed focus to satisfy every customer order on a daily basis
- Detail-oriented and well-organized
- Comfortable working with strict deadlines
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to perform data analysis
- Working understanding of SAP
- Basic understanding of inventory management concepts
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.