Warehouse Manager I - Norcross, GA
What's the role?
The Warehouse Manager I directs and oversees Re-Supply Shift or Distribution Center personnel, as well as operational activities to include shipping, receiving, returns, carrier scheduling and dispatch, and replenishments. This position leads and/or facilitates all efforts to strive towards operational excellence with a focus on improving performance in the key areas of safety, efficiency, and quality.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 29,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
• Plan and schedule all distribution services including receiving, storing, inventory, shipping, handling returned/ damaged goods, maintenance and administrative activities to ensure customer requirements are met
• Direct and oversee job assignments and plan daily labor schedules; participate in budget preparation, revenue and account analysis
• Develop and maintain a productive work team by creating programs for hiring, training, and professional development and match the skills and background of personnel to the work required
• Maintain an appropriate performance management process for recommending promotions, wage increases, and terminations
• Ensure the accurate and timely preparation, processing, distribution, and retention of all necessary reports and records regarding warehouse operations
• Monitor the cleanliness and working condition of the warehouse and all equipment and oversee adjustments and/or repairs as necessary
• Develop, implement, and direct programs to ensure the safety of all personnel, equipment, and property; provide safety instruction to personnel as needed
• Manage programs to keep tools and equipment in designated areas
• Audit operations to ensure service standards are being met
• Establish customer relations programs (logistics manager in MSA (Metropolitan Statistical Area), AM (Account Manager) ride along, driver ride along) and train all front- line personnel
• Ensure that customer orders are picked and shipped in a timely fashion within prescribed cost levels
• Develop and implement an effective receiving operation that minimizes cost and ensures receiving paperwork is processed accurately and promptly
• Responsible for ensuring coverage of different shifts while in this position for a Re-Supply Center or the full operating hours of a Distribution Center
• Assist in ensuring the security of the facility, its environments, employees and contents, conduct regular instruction of established security practices
• Additional duties as assigned
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience required
• A minimum of three (3) years of distribution management or comparable experience required to include all warehouse functions
• Must be PC literate and have a working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Excellent oral/presentation and written communication skills
• Adaptable to new thinking and business demands – ability to think “out of the box” and respond quickly to changing conditions
• Ability to manage budgets and control costs in a dynamically changing environment
• Ability to be a good mentor for coaching/training, delegate duties and empower others
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to gather appropriate information and analyze it to develop and implement effective strategies
• Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills
• Ability to be a team player
Adverse Working Conditions:
• Erratic temperature control (hot in summer, cold in winter)
• Workshop environment is subject to hear, cold, noise, dust and other particles
• Operation of large equipment and machinery (i.e. production machines and forklifts)
Safety Equipment Required:
• Must observe and abide by any and all safety regulations as required by Hilti and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
• Proper labeling and handling of hazardous materials per Hilti and OSHA policy
• Must wear steel toe boots, safety glasses, safety vest, and other safety equipment as required when working in the warehouse and/or operating machinery
• Regular heavy lifting of 50 + lbs.
• Occasional heavy lifting up to 75 lbs. required
• Warehouse material handling equipment and truck loading / unloading
• Must be able to tolerate a variable climate, prolonged standing, repetitive bending and reaching, and climbing up and down ladders
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.