What's the role?
The role of the User Interface Designer, is to create visually appealing designs that allow users to successfully navigate Hilti digital solutions, while maintaining brand integrity. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, translating business and technical requirements into design opportunities, creating mockups, executing prototypes, defining visual style guidelines, and conducting user research.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 29,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Co-create and own the standard and style guides for creating interactive, user-centric software solutions
Craft graphic elements, assets, and visual treatments that adapt and flow with responsive design systems for web and mobile solutions; ensure alignment with Corporate Identity and business requirements
Consult and collaborate with internal and external partners on User Interface related topics
Prototype potential new User Interface solutions
Partner with front-end developers to create HTML and CSS-friendly designs
Provide input to the design process and end-to-end technology innovation within the company
Assist with flagship projects
Additional duties as assigned
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design, Human Computer Interactions, or related field required
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience
- Advanced knowledge of design software such as Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, or Bohemia Sketch
- Advanced knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience with prototyping tools such as Framer, Principle or similar
- Excellent communication skills (oral, written, and presentation) with the ability to communicate effectively in a global environment
- Substantial portfolio of varying projects in the field of web and mobile application design
- Demonstrated time-management skills; ability to remain flexible through multiple revisions while maintaining strong attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team environment; demonstrate Hilti’s core values in all situations
- High technological aptitude
- Normal office conditions.
- Occasional domestic and international travel, required.
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.