Transportation Operations Manager - Tulsa, OK
What's the role?
The Transportation Operations Manager is responsible to lead a team to optimize the flow of materials within the HNA distribution network to meet cost and on time delivery requirements. This role is responsible for all imports, exports, internal replenishments Hazardous Materials Compliance, and PMO orders. Responsibilities include oversight of all scheduling, and execution of all daily transport operations of import, export and resupply, including document production in accordance with requirements, tracking and expediting clearance, delivery scheduling and carrier performance. Working closely with business leaders and the entire supply chain team to drive improvements in strategy, processes, technology, and organization related to transportation and service provider relationships.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 29,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
• Manages and drives performance of a team of logistics operations specialists to optimize the flow of goods into the Hilti Network
• Accountable for total freight spend of $24M
• Accountable for Freight to MO; including an annual budget of 15 million USD
• Accountable for HNA Internal Replenishments annual budget of 8 million USD
• Accountable for Project Management Orders annual budget of 1 million USD
• Accountable for HLA replenishments
• Accountable for Hazardous Materials Compliance across 12 DCs ~100 HS in accordance with US and Intl Regulations
• Negotiates logistics services contracts and pricing agreements with providers in various transportation modes, including parcel, LTL, TL, and customs brokerage services to meet budgetary goals along with service metrics • Ensures documents are completed and updated in a timely and efficient manner and according to regulations and internal procedures
• Manages the transportation leg of the PMO process to ensure quality on time deliveries that meet customer expectations.
• Manages the team and processes to include preparing commercial invoices, coordinating delivery appointments, maintaining tracking database, and providing pro-active communication to ensure carriers meet availability, schedules, and on-time delivery commitments
• Providing solutions to shipping locations, purchasing, inventory, marketing, field sales, and vendors regarding delivery optimization
• Review existing processes and provide support for implementation plans to affect ongoing productivity improvements
• Provide on-going transparency and visibility to carrier performance, cost, and market conditions
• Manage carrier and supplier relationships and compliance for optimum performance and value
• Define, develop, and lead innovations in balancing cost and service to ensure long term sustainable profitability
• Partnering with Materials Management and the Re-supply centers for balancing the need for material against the need for an acceptable work flow and cost, focusing on COP, CPOI, and productivity balance
• Partnering with forwarders, customs, and distribution for resolving issues (loading, unloading, appointments, scheduling, invoicing)
• Integrate communications between Distribution, Carriers, Vendors, and Procurement to meet service expectations
• Collaborate with process experts and logistics analysts to develop, test, and implement new transport management procedures while working to reduce resources expended to distribute product
• Identify root causes of problems and identify solutions
• Providing NDC Inbound Scheduling for all direct ship locations
• Provide replenishment operations and process export documents for Hilti Latin America
• Acting as member of Steering Board and guide rotational team members through key deliverables with regular status updates at Logistics R&I
• Additional duties, as assigned
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience, required
• Minimum seven (7) years of work experience in a supply chain, required
• Minimum three (3) years or work experience in Transportation, preferred
• Demonstrated coaching, leadership, and decision-making skills with ability to motivate others toward common targets
• Strong Carrier Negotiation skills, required
• Working knowledge of SAP and MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
• Familiarity with SAP data warehouse (BI) and customer relations management (CRM)
• Ability to build key business relationships
• Demonstrated aptitude for understanding service capabilities of various transportation modes with knowledge of transportation terms and concepts
• Strong customer service orientation with effective communication skills (oral, written, and presentation)
• High level of planning, organizing, and problem-solving skill with attention to detail
• Ability to work independently, meet tight deadlines, and make decisions autonomously
• Potential, mobility, and desire for career development and additional responsibility
• Developing level of functional expertise through understanding of the business
Normal office conditions
Up to 20% (domestic & international) travel, required
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.