Trade Analyst - Walnut Creek, CA
What's the role?
The Trade Analyst is part of the Marketing team of MO West and is responsible for all market research and analytical
tasks associated with:
* Understanding the MO West Market (customers
competition, and key projects)
* The design, development, and execution of sales activities
resulting from Product, Trade, and Channel Strategies
* The improvements of certain Hilti processes associated with
repetitive customer complaints, with the goal to improve
customer satisfaction and engagement
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Continuously monitor, analyze, and report on general MO West economic indicators as well as construction activities and trends for marketing, sales, and MO planning purposes
Build/develop and maintain a market research library for all existing research in a systematic approach
Quantify/validate the product basket and calculation of Hilti Relevant Potential (HRP) of customers for all Hilti relevant trades
Research, monitor, and analyze strategic competitors (product offering, prices, market share, etc.) to calculate the Hilti Relevant Market (HRM) for key product lines selected by the Trade Managers
Format and communicate the filtered project lists to the Trade Managers and Project Managers across MO West
Maintain a high Data Quality level of Hilti Factbase (Customers, Competition, Projects, etc.) through pro‐active monitoring, data updates, communication of reporting and training of MO West team members (AMs, RMs, CS, HC) on using and improving the quality of the MO Factbase
Contribute to and work with HNA research and market reach team members to ensure consistent and professional processes and to leverage the available resources of the organization
Make recommendations to Trade Managers for products and Trade Strategy decisions based on research findings
Support the marketing team in designing and executing the new product launch events twice a year and support any other marketing/customer events as required
Additional duties as assigned
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, or a Computer related field of study
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to prepare and deliver concise, understandable reports and presentations
- Patience and attention to details
- Strong organizational skills and process orientation
- Good attitude with ability to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and deliver under pressure
- Proficiency with the Microsoft suite of products: Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word
- Highly developed expertise in Excel Macros and pivot tables to automate queries and calculations using variables
- Good understanding of SAP environment
- Ability to learn new software and IT applications quickly
- Ability to travel when necessary (less than 10%) within MO West and in the US
- Fluency in English language required
- Displayed Hilti values in the past (integrity, courage, commitment, teamwork)
- *Preferably, internal candidates will have been in current role for at least 18-24 months
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.