Tool Repair Engineer - Harrisburg, PA
What's the role?
Manage Service Engineering competence, knowledge management and repair setups in Hilti North America with focus on optical, measuring and robotics. Coordinate activities with Tool Service Centers and global team and manage introduction of new products with marketing and logistics. Accountable for repair quality and material productivity in Tool Service Centers. Support optical, measuring and positioning service engineering in Latin America.
Develop programs to ensure consistent, continual training of all repair technicians to achieve a high level of competence and repair standard execution for optical/measuring/positioning/robotics repairs in the service region. Contributes to Circular Economy projects and activities in Service of Hilti North America
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
• Support global TTM projects with technical input from the regional service area
• Manage the introduction of new tools to ensure the Tool Service Centers (TSCs) are equipped to service
• Global and local measuring/positioning tool families’ workbench summit participation to develop and support global repair standards
• Performs repairs of customer tools within the Harrisburg TSC (lead TSC)
• Manage implementation within region (W1) of repair standards
• Interface between global Tool Services Engineering and regional TSCs on technical repair topics for measuring/positioning tools.
• Analyze quality and cost repair data, identify opportunities for improvement, and implement actions
• Point of contact for quality sensing, tool product complaints, early warning system for INPs
• Master trainer of measuring/positioning tools for Global Regions W1 & W2 including developing and executing training concepts
• Define and drive implementation of actions to ensure best economical repair by balancing quality, COGS, and repair time
• Works closely with the Regional Process Manager to update and maintain an efficient workbench set-up
• Works closely with the spare parts material managers to ensure appropriate level of parts inventory to deliver consistent, high levels of service for our customers while minimizing obsolescence
• Point of contact for all repair service related inquiries within the W1 &W2 regions
• Additional duties, as assigned
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required (specifically electrical or mechanical)
• Minimum three (3) years’ experience performing mechanical or electrical repairs preferred
• In-depth knowledge of all technical repair issues
• Has solid understanding of the TTM process and the introduction of new products (tools)
• Strong understanding of repair processes and quality management
• Strong conceptual competence and organizational skills
• Understand organizational needs based on customer requirements
• Basic knowledge of Hilti measuring/positioning tool applications
Combination of normal office and workshop conditions
Adverse Work Conditions:
• Workshop environment subject to heat, cold, noise, dust, and other particles
• Must have the ability to use hand tools and equipment to disassemble and assemble power tools
Safety Equipment Required:
• Must observe and abide by all safety regulations as required by Hilti and Occupational Health and Safety Standards (OSHA)
• Must wear steel toe boots, safety glasses, safety vest, and other safety equipment, as required, when working in the facility and/or operating machinery
• Occasionally lift up to 70 lbs.
• Stand for long periods of time and perform repetitive reaching, bending, and climbing.
• Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours daily while performing tool repairs at workstation
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.