Test Engineer - Irving, TX
What's the role?
This position manages large testing projects, primarily in support of BU Anchors TTM and Product Care projects and also ICC-ES tests of mechanical and adhesive anchors.This position is responsible for the overall testing responsibility including creating test plans and project timelines, performing tests according to national and international testing standards, analyzing test results, and documentation and communication of the test results. These projects are
in support of Global and Hilti North America BU Anchors, Corporate Quality, Sales, Manufacturing, Approvals, and Technical Services.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 28,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
• Provide for the planning, set-up, and implementation of assigned test projects relating to new and existing Hilti and Competitor products through thorough knowledge of standard and customized testing procedures; projects typically include Ongoing Product Quality Evaluations, New Product Development Testing, Design Quality Evaluations, Manufacturing Quality Evaluations, Product Approval and Data Development Testing, Problem or Complaint Investigations, Application Testing, Competitor Evaluations/Comparisons, and other miscellaneous tests
• Provide for the design, fabrication, and implementation of necessary testing equipment through acquired knowledge and education
• Provide for the timely completion of requested test projects by conducting the test or
coordination with the lab supervisor and TSD engineer
• Ensure accurate, objective test data by monitoring or conducting the set-up and calibration of equipment required for testing
• Use technical analytical expertise to analyze test results and data for the purpose of
identifying trends, problems, and opportunities for product/testing/application improvement;
disseminate test results and data through test reports
• Recommend improvements to increase the effectiveness of Hilti products by review of test results and evaluation of systems and components
• Facilitate historical review of testing procedures and evaluation of test procedure effectiveness by maintaining necessary documentation in an orderly fashion per Testing Department procedures
• Assist with obtaining government and industry approvals and certifications of Hilti products by providing the appropriate statistical data analysis, report writing, and working with appropriate Hilti and agency personnel
• Continually monitor all operations within the scope of responsibility to ensure compliance
with the Hilti Quality System and related procedures while striving for achievement of departmental and HWH goals
• Provide training and instruction for subordinates and co-workers, as required, to ensure maximum
productivity, quality, safety, technical, and career development
• Complete special projects as assigned by testing services manager
• Additional duties as assigned
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background
What you need is:
• BS in Engineering required
• Master’s preferred
• Familiarity with building design codes
• Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
• Ability to use Word, Excel, and PowerPoint efficiently and effectively
• Must be willing and able to travel (~once a quarter for a few days domestically and/or
• EIT preferred
• Research and Development experience preferred
Combination of test lab and jobsite conditions.
Up to --% (domestic/international/both) travel, required.
Adverse Working Conditions:
• Job requires walking on simulated construction sites and uneven surfaces, and may include climbing scaffolding, ladders, and stairs
• Simulated construction jobsites may also lead to exposure of excessively loud noises; ear
protection is strongly encouraged and may be required on some simulated jobsites
• High occurrence of sitting, standing, bending while conducted training exercises
• Test lab environment working with heavy machinery and exposure to hazardous materials
Safety Equipment Required:
• Hardhat, safety vest, safety glasses, gloves, steel toe boots, and long pants required for
working jobsites; must observe and abide by any and all safety regulations as required by Hilti and Occupational Safety and Health Regulations (OSHA)
• Must be able to walk on construction
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.