Technical Solution Architect
What's the role?
The Lead Software Engineer is a member of the Digital Unit at Hilti and is responsible for developing the Hybris platform supporting Hilti Online, the company’s e-business web solution. This position requires excellent Java experience with previous Hybris experience a plus. The Lead Software Engineer has ownership, freedom, and active management within the defined target field.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Develop extensions to global e-business applications with focus on Hilti Online; analyze, design, and implement new customer requirements for our e-business solution based on Java and Hybris
Build, test, and deploy in an agile environment; provides second level support
Responsible for the mentorship and training of other Software Developers
Effectively interact with colleagues and other departments, especially team members of the Digital Delivery Unit; foster close relationship and value assessment with Hilti’s marketing experts to drive innovative features
Exhibit creativity in determining the least intrusive way for standard software extensions, design solutions for intuitive usability and no/simple operational maintenance creativity for new innovative solutions/technologies
Act as a solution finder by analyzing enhancement requests and designing the solution concept; plan, document, communicate, and create a solution in a defined area of expertise
Create technical designs, specifications, and initiate design reviews to ensure superior quality standards
Additional duties as assigned
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field required; GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Master’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field preferred; GPA of 3.0 or higher
- 8+ years of experience in software development in an e-commerce environment required
- 1 + years of experience as a lead developer required
- In-depth knowledge and applied working experience in software development with an analytical and structured approach to software design and problem resolution
- Proven application development skills and working experience
- Maintain analytical thinking and structured software development skills; ability to enable others in specialized area
- Proven experience in Java, JEE, Spring and agile development; experience in Hybris is a plus.
- Experience with HTML, CSS, and XML
- Proactive in getting things done, combined with a strong functional leadership and the ability to work in a matrix organization
- Proven ability to develop and deliver projects in scope and ensure adherence to timelines and budget
- Strong analytical skills, creative, innovative, and open-minded.
- Proven ability to work independently and in a team setting; ability to work independently with limited supervision or technical direction; demonstrated ability to work within a global team environment
- Normal office conditions.
- Up to 20% (domestic/international/both) travel, required.
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.