Tax Analyst I
What's the role?
This position is responsible for providing tax information and tax analytical problem solving to Hilti North America management to ensure profitable operations and profitable business policy decision making.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 29,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Prepare US, Canada, and Puerto Rico personal property tax returns, business licenses, and annual reports
Assist in the monthly sales and use tax return compliance reporting process
Responsible for sales tax exemption certificate processing
Responsible for sales tax dispute resolution, including determining sales tax adjustments
Assist in preparation of supporting audit documentation for sales tax, property tax and business license audits
Manage a high volume of inbound and outbound call to provide services to internal and external customers for tax dispute resolution
Responsible for processing and mailing of tax compliance returns and reports
Additional duties, as assigned
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities to move around the business.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative, more productive team.
What you need is:
- A minimum of two (2) years of tax, governmental, or other reporting/analysis experience, required
- Sales tax, business license, property tax, and annual reporting experience, preferred
- High School diploma or equivalent, required
- Nine (9) college hours in Accounting or equivalent tax experience, preferred
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong background in sales tax exemption processing and compliance, preferred
- Customer service oriented
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, preferred
- Proficiency with SAP, preferred
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task while meeting deadlines, required
- Ability to work independently and handle confidential material, required
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.