Structural Engineer – Install
What's the role?
This position provides support to field personnel via development of structural calculations and CAD drawings:
1.) to create original designs; 2.) convert competitive designs and specifications to pro-Hilti designs and specifications and; 3.) provide technical answers to questions related to the Installation Systems (IS) portfolio.
All done in order to facilitate IS sales in helping to achieve planned sales growth.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 28,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
• Support Installation Systems (IS) as well as field visits to key jobs, customers, and specifiers
• Maintain the accuracy and integrity of published technical documentation
• Investigate new applications for products by gathering information and coordinating testing and analysis
• Promote “Services & Support” initiative driven by HNA & HAG Installation Systems (IS) Business Unit
• Additional duties as assigned
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required – Architectural or Civil (Structural Option) or
Mechanical Engineering discipline preferred
• Aptitude to read and understand blueprints, construction specifications, and documents
• Working knowledge of Hilti IS portfolio or competitive cold formed steel support systems
• Ability to communicate effectively with engineers, architects, contractors, and Hilti personnel through verbal and written response required
• Ability to effectively use Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
• Ability to organize and utilize large amounts of reference information both in hardcopy and
electronic files required
• Ability to identify, analyze, and solve technical problems required
• Ability to function effectively on teams required
• Minimum 2 years of engineering experience required
• Engineer-in-Training (EIT) Certificate required
• Professional Engineering (PE) License preferred
• Working knowledge of industry related construction methods and practices preferred
• Working knowledge of AutoCad, Inventor, and REVIT preferred
Proficiency in structural analysis programs (i.e. RISA, Mathcad, STAAD) preferred
Preferably, internal candidates will have been in current role for at least 18-24 months
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.