Structural Engineer - Facade, Plano, TX
What's the role?
This position provides support to field personnel via development of structural calculations and CAD drawings:
1.) To create original designs
2.) Convert competitive designs and specifications to pro-Hilti designs and
3.) Provide technical answers to questions related to the Hilti Anchor
Channel (HAC) portfolio.
All done in order to facilitate HAC sales in helping to achieve planned sales growth.
Who is Hilti?
Hilti is where innovation is improving productivity, safety and sustainability in the global construction industry, and beyond. Where strong customer relationships are creating solutions that build a better future. Where there is pride and a sense of belonging across our 120 locations, carrying right into our lives and homes. Where people are exploring possibilities, leveraging their potential, owning their personal development and growing lasting careers.
What does the role involve?
• Support field personnel via structural calculations and CAD drawings; prepare project estimates, assemble Bill Of Materials (BOMs) for HAC, and work with other key teams within corporate (Logistics, Materials Management, Marketing, etc.) to achieve project success; field visits to key jobs, customers, and specifiers
• Maintain the accuracy and integrity of published technical documentation
• Investigate new applications for products by gathering information and coordinating testing and analysis
• Additional duties as assigned
What do we offer?
The routes to success here are as diverse as our people.
Why should you apply?
Be part of the solutions and technologies that help build some of the world’s greatest structures.
What you need is:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering required – Architectural or Civil (Structural Option) or Mechanical Engineering discipline preferred
• Aptitude to read and understand blueprints, construction specifications, and documents required
• Working knowledge of HAC portfolio or competitive cast-in anchor channel systems preferred
• Ability to communicate effectively with engineers, architects, contractors, and Hilti personnel through verbal and written response required
• Ability to effectively use Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
• Ability to organize and utilize large amounts of reference information both in hardcopy and electronic files required
• Ability to identify, analyze, and solve technical problems required
• Ability to function effectively on teams required
• Minimum 2 years of engineering experience required
• Engineer-in-Training (EIT) Certificate required
• Professional Engineering (PE) License preferred
• Working knowledge of the curtain wall industry, related construction methods and practices preferred
• Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Inventor, and REVIT preferred
• Proficiency in structural analysis programs (i.e. RISA, Mathcad, STAAD) preferred
Reading through the ad you already see yourself in the job? Apply today!
Hilti stands for equal opportunities, and we are particularly pleased to receive applications from severely disabled people and people with disabilities of equal status..
“I love the fact that my job isn’t just technical. It involves planning and dealing with people too. The culture is brilliant. It’s challenging, yes, but it’s friendly and welcoming too. It’s all about teamwork, and your ideas are really taken on board.”