Sr. UX Designer
What's the role?
The UX/UI designer defines user experience by exploring possible design directions, creating concept designs and elaborating on detailed UI designs based on business requirements/user stories, user needs, existing UX/UI design system & guidelines, UX best practices and technical constraints. Reviews designs and guides the work of less senior team members, documents UX/UI Standards and expands design system library. Conducts UX Testing with users and performs design implementation acceptance testing. Shows a special interest in Hilti and this position with clear motivation for move into stable employment with long-term commitment in working relations (no job hopping).
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Own the user experience and user interface design for web and mobile applications
Design interaction flows and wireframes which are effectively communicating different design directions and explorations
Analyze and create user journeys, workflows, wireframes, interaction concepts, and visual prototypes in support of new project work
Support product owners with rapid prototyping to help validate design concepts
Build, maintain, and communicate the UX/UI guidelines (which include set of visual & interaction guidelines governing interaction components, fonts, images, styles, etc. for web & mobile platforms). Ensure consistency and rigor in all prototypes and developments
Collaborate with the market, development, subject matter experts, and end users to define, measure, and improve the user experience of new and existing digital products by conducting usability studies with industry-standard methodologies
Translate business requirements, user needs and technical requirements into designs that are visually enticing, easy to use, and engaging
Advise and validate design decisions based on results from usability studies, project goals/vision, and industry research
Mentor & coach less senior designers, manage & delegate design tasks and monitor & steer work progress to meet timelines
Follow and optimize the team processes of user-centered design thinking throughout a project’s lifecycle
Communicate and educate across the software program the benefits and rationale behind implementing UX processes and UX methodologies
Additional duties as assigned
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Interaction Design, User Experience, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related field
- Minimum 6+ years of relevant experience in user experience, interaction designer or visual design role developing web-based and mobile app solutions
- Minimum 5+ years of relevant experience in a mobile application and/or e-commerce setting
- Demonstrated success of systematic & creative design thinking and creating effective user-centered design solutions
- Profound understanding of web & mobile design patterns & best practices
- Proficient technical knowledge of frontend implementation possibilities, constraints and effort as well as sufficient backend expertise relevant for UX
- Solid knowledge in user research, usability testing, prototyping, and visual design with ability to design intuitive user experiences based on product requirements & vision
- Ability to work independently and proactively with limited supervision to deliver artifacts and solicit feedback in a global team setting
- Demonstrated systems thinking ability to solve problems by viewing them as a part of an overall system rather than individual components, outcomes, or events
- Demonstrated experience to break down and understand a problem, quickly and thoroughly create work flow diagrams, wireframes, design mock-ups and prototypes to effectively conceptualize multiple design directions and new product features
- Proven ability to create high fidelity designs including detailed interaction flows and visual design mock-ups
- Excellent Sketch software capabilities, efficiently using symbols and libraries
- Thrives in a cross-cultural environment with ability to effectively work with team members & customers around the globe in a virtual environment
- Effective people coaching, time management and design review skills with desire to guide other designers towards success and professional growth through clear, outright and constructive performance feedback
- Excellent communication skills to share and explain insights and results in simple and powerful terms to a variety of audiences ranging from technical experts to executive management
- Ability to recognize and deal with conflict and debate in a rational, balanced, and effective way using effective communication, problem solving, and negotiating skills
- Strong passion for User Experience and possesses a drive for self-improvement through learning and knowledge sharing in the User Experience community
- Strong proficiency in the English language, problem-solving skills, and a willingness to embrace change & new technologies
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.