Sr. Tax Analyst
What's the role?
The Sr. Tax Analyst is responsible for all corporate income tax-related work for Hilti North America. This includes preparing Hilti’s federal, state and provincial income tax returns for US, Canada & Puerto Rico, the deferred tax provisions, monthly tax accruals, and researching the appropriate tax treatment of various issues.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 24,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Day to day, you will be responsible for all return and work paper preparation for all US, Canada, and Puerto Rico federal and state/provincial income and franchise tax compliance; including interpretation of all applicable tax code and regulations, understanding financial accounting treatment, determining appropriate tax adjustments, and presenting all relevant information on tax returns correctly.
What do we offer?
As the Hilti business continues to grow and enter new markets, we, in the Tax Team, have the opportunity to examine the tax implications of many different facets of change, while continuing to ensure Hilti is compliant with all required income tax filings. We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative, more productive team. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background. So, if you’re up for a challenging work experience, with a phenomenal group of people, join us!
What you need is:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- Master’s Degree in Tax or MBA, preferred
- Minimum three (3) to five (5) years’ public accounting tax experience, required (obtained through a “Big 4” public accounting firm, highly preferred)
- Extensive knowledge of US, Canadian, and Puerto Rico federal and state/provincial income tax
- Demonstrated strong conceptual and critical thinking skills; ability to utilize creative and innovative approaches in problem solving
- Ability to work independently and handle confidential material required
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills and ability to detail analyze large volumes of data
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task while meeting deadlines, required
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others
If we’re impressed with your resume, we’ll invite you for an interview, introduce you to the team and pay for your travel to get there.
Tempted to apply or find out more?
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability