Sr Solution Architect
What's the role?
The role of Senior Solutions Architect is responsible for providing strong technical leadership and guidance of solutions for a range of business applications and technologies within Global Application Software, aligning with technical trends to facilitate the development of new, innovative IT solutions at Hilti across multiple areas. This position is responsible for designing software solutions that are modular, reliable and extensible, conforming to sound design principles and capable of adapting to change while achieving targets for performance and scalability. The Senior Solutions Architect works closely with various team members to drive operational excellence and deliver products which set Hilti apart from the competition and actively engage our customers.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Assume broad area of responsibility to architect, implement and optimize the entire landscape of application design and development
Establish technical strategies to ensure that cross-platform architectural components properly “fit” within the enterprise and maximum benefit can be gained
Bridge gaps across the various technology platforms ensuring continuity of direction, leveraging of company assets, best practices, and overall integration; act as centralized viewpoint in looking at the “big picture”
Conduct research on new and emerging technologies for practical application to business problems and strategic initiatives; identify new components to be procured or developed; provide short term solutions, as well as clear evolution paths and long-term architecture strategy
Produce solution designs to be fleshed out and implemented by development teams – this may include proofs of concept, development activities, cost/benefit analysis, training, configuration, service level requirements
Identify, analyze, and communicate architecture and integration options; make recommendations to management and document best practices and solution blueprints
Interact with business unit management, company IT, vendors and industry experts to collect requirements, understand options and determine solutions
Collaborate and share experience within the wider Hilti organization to ensure alignment to global technology initiatives, accepted and proposed standards, and evolving security/privacy guidelines
Mentor and guide team members to apply established architectural principles and application of technology solutions to solve complex business problems and workflows
Assist development leads to implement architectural strategies and the proper use of enterprise and application design patterns
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field (or equivalent work experience)
- Minimum seven (7) years’ experience in software development with various kinds of programming languages – object-oriented, procedural, functional, scripting, dynamic.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in the Solutions Architect role, designing systems that span the following areas: user interface, services, data, integration, deployment, Cloud
- Experience with non-relational databases like MongoDB, Cassandra, DynamoDB, etc
- Experience architecting Event-Driven Architectures using technologies like Kafka, Kinesis Streams, etc
- Masterful experience in architecture and implementation of microservice-based web, desktop and/or mobile applications; ability to understand practical aspects and avoid common pitfalls
- Applied analytical thinking and proven structured engineering approach to complex solution design/implementation and problem resolution across diverse areas; ability to anticipate technical trends in defined and relevant IT areas
- Broad technical and extensive architecture knowledge based on experience and expert training/education
- Expert level experience with API Management and defining a digital integration architecture strategy and client form factors, for example, web, desktop, mobile, IoT
- Developed software for distributed enterprise systems touching multiple areas like user experience, authentication/authorization, integration, and data
- Deep expertise in two or more of the following areas: data architecture, systems integration, application security, Cloud platforms, client UI frameworks, mobile, DevOps, process automation, AI/machine learning
- Strong desire to continually study and learn the latest and new technologies and related architectures, especially microservice architectures and cloud technologies
- Expert in agile development methodologies and testing approaches; proficient in distributed version control, git workflow and branching strategies, application monitoring, CI/CD pipelines, disaster recovery
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to create documentation materials for appropriate audiences
- Demonstrated ability leading and working with geographically distributed development teams
- Advanced troubleshooting and debugging skills, including mission-critical systems in production
- Up to 20% domestic and international travel, required
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.