Sr. Manager, Quality Assurance
What's the role?
The role of Senior Manager, Quality Assurance (QA), is responsible for defining the strategic vision and operational direction for all activities related to product quality across the entire portfolio of software products and offerings. This role leads and promotes the Quality Assurance practice at the organization and as the core software development discipline, and will work directly with members of the Quality Assurance management team to address tasks related to personnel management, project leadership, and establishing best practices for the department; with a strong emphasis on agile testing methodology and test automation. This position is responsible for managing, staffing, and performance management of the QA team.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Leads a team, recruiting and coaching team members, deploying resources to achieve maximum effectiveness at lowest cost. Focuses on people development, getting the best out of people, defines own success as the success of the team Attracts and retains talent, plans for succession, keeps the wheel going and all spokes filled.
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, required OR equivalent work experience
- Minimum ten (10) years’ relevant work experience
- Minimum three (3) years’ leadership experience
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience managing and forecasting budget
- Excellent time management and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated systems level thinking and understanding of application architecture
- Excellent planning skills to execute QA activities on multiple concurrent releases
- Extensive background in software quality assurance methodologies, procedures and tools
- Experience with test management and test automation tools (Ranorex, HP Complete, HP QC etc.)
- Demonstrated skills with project management tools and methodologies, software development lifecycle (SDLC), root-cause analysis, and problem solving
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent organizational, leadership, decision making, and communication skills
- Normal office conditions.
- Up to 20% domestic & international travel, required.
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.