Sr. Manager, Quality Assurance
What's the role?
The role of Senior Manager, Quality Assurance (QA), is responsible for defining the strategic vision and operational direction for all activities related to product quality across the entire portfolio of software products and offerings. This role leads and promotes the Quality Assurance practice at the organization and as the core software development discipline, and will work directly with members of the Quality Assurance management team to address tasks related to personnel management, project leadership, and establishing best practices for the department; with a strong emphasis on agile testing methodology and test automation. This position is responsible for managing, staffing, and performance management of the QA team.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Define test strategy including best-practice test automation for Hilti products and e-commerce solutions
Develop quality assurance plans by conducting hazard analyses; identifying critical control points and preventive measures; establishing critical limits, monitoring procedures, corrective actions, and verification procedures; monitoring inventories
Cultivate and promote an excellent test-driven development cycle that incorporates QA and testing as an integral part of the planning and development process
Establish and evolve formal QA processes, ensuring the team is using current best practices to maintain the highest level of software quality
Oversee all aspects of quality assurance including establishing metrics, applying industry best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met
Responsible for continually evaluating effectiveness of test methodologies and regression scripts
Accountable for managing functional testing activities of features for release cycles across all products
Manage QA budget; minimize the cost of non-quality in the software development process
Directly responsible for the Quality Assurance team
Recruit, select, train, assign, schedule, coach and council resources; communicate job expectations; plan, monitor, appraise, and review job contributions; enforce policies and procedures
As a member of the product team they assure that, at a minimum, the company standards are utilized by all vendors
Manage a team comprised of internal and external QA Managers, QA Leads, and quality assurance analysts/testers, by providing direction and oversight
Additional duties, as assigned
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, required OR equivalent work experience
- Minimum ten (10) years’ relevant work experience
- Minimum three (3) years’ leadership experience
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience managing and forecasting budget
- Excellent time management and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated systems level thinking and understanding of application architecture
- Excellent planning skills to execute QA activities on multiple concurrent releases
- Extensive background in software quality assurance methodologies, procedures and tools
- Experience with test management and test automation tools (Ranorex, HP Complete, HP QC etc.)
- Demonstrated skills with project management tools and methodologies, software development lifecycle (SDLC), root-cause analysis, and problem solving
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent organizational, leadership, decision making, and communication skills
- Normal office conditions.
- Up to 20% domestic & international travel, required.
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.