Sr. Manager, Process Improvement
What's the role?
The Senior Manager, Process Improvement is responsible for scaling operational excellence in the organization. This position designs lean and six sigma strategies to compliment the company’s culture ensuring sustainable organization capability while it heavily invests in expansion for the next 10 years. This leader operates in a highly matrixed organization requiring stakeholder alignment to enable the right combination of work environment, technology, and processes to maximize the effectiveness of the 3,500 team members working across 12 different organizations in the region.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 28,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
• Develop and Deploy strategies for Lean implementation. Partner with global lean team and peer groups in the region (Marketing, Sales Market Organizations, Finance, Human Resources, Logistics, Legal, etc.)
Critical Deliverables of the strategy and the associated execution plans of the direct/indirect teams are:
• Drive Improvements supporting customer loyalty (e.g. reduce the customer complaint rates currently at 5% of the 2.5m customer orders) and credit note rates (currently 5.6% of all orders); act as the Voice of the Customer in the North American Executive Team
• Enable best in class customer experiences and operational support for the company’s sales team through lean and six sigma methods leading to be a strong contender in the Shingo Prize
• Develop Lean Strategy and integrate the organization’s 3,500 team members’ daily work life to help them have a voice in decision making while also escalating more complex topics that will be addressed by six sigma black belts. The effectiveness of this will be measured through employee opinion surveys to be determined by the COO
• Generate positive organizational productivity in relation to top line revenue growth through a combination of hard cost savings (e.g. reducing the $65M+ in Credit Notes and $10-15M estimated spent in the organization reworking customer experience mistakes) as well as “soft” savings enabling resource redeployment to higher value add activities through systems and processes
• Additional duties, as assigned
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
• Bachelor’s degree, required
- MBA preferred• Minimum ten (10) years’ experience, required, to include:
- Experience in leadership roles with a diverse mix of sales, marketing, functional and operational functions
- Significant exposure and experiences in working with lean and six-sigma especially in environments where the journey was beginning/evolving.
-Minimum three (3) years’ experience living and working abroad in a global organization with managerial and/or leadership responsibilities
-Formal Lean and Six Sigma certifications or equivalent experience, required• Successful track record in developing self via learning agility with a strong mix of learning while doing and working in teams in an ambiguous work environment
• Strong track record of investing in diverse teams and their development to ensure leadership pipeline development from within the organization with successes in developing “people better than themselves”
Primarily office environment with occasional customer work site and internal operational site visits (DCs and manufacturing environment)
Up to 50% domestic and international travel, required
Adverse Working Conditions:
• Job requires walking on construction sites and uneven surfaces, as well as climbing scaffolding, ladders, and stairs during all seasons of the year
• Workshop environment is subject to hear, cold, noise, dust and other particles
• Depending on geography employees may be exposed to adverse heat or cold
• Construction jobsites may also expose team members to excessively loud noises; ear protection is strongly encouraged and may be required on some jobsites
Safety Equipment Required:
• Hardhat, safety vest, safety glasses, gloves, steel toe boots, and long pants required for working jobsites; must observe and abide by all safety regulations as required by Hilti, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Canadian Occupational Health and Safety Regulations (COHSR) and General Contractors
• Must be able to walk on construction projects, climb scaffolding, and lift and carry up to 65 pounds of Hilti product
• Must be able to tolerate a variable climate, prolonged standing, repetitive bending and reaching, and climbing up and down ladders
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.