What's the role?
The role of Development Operations (DevOps) Engineer is responsible for working with the development team on application build system, deployment, and network operations. This person will be responsible for managing the entire DevOps lifecycle including the operation and monitoring of company systems, creating and maintaining our continuous integration environment and development tool chain, and assisting with troubleshooting network and system problems. The ideal candidate will have cloud experience, including AWS and Azure, have demonstrated ability to build and maintain the whole stack from load balancing to databases, manage deployment, devise logging strategy, application performance monitoring, troubleshooting, and improving systems to keep everything running smoothly.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Manage and enforce with security governance policy
Managing identify and access management thru collaboration with Global IT managed Active Directory and AWS IAM
Ensure that development team members have the least privileged access that they can function day-to-day.
Audit of access logs for seeing patterns and possible violations.
Create scripts or automation of audit checks
Assists in penetration testing preparedness
Managing and creating alerts for potential security incidence like looking at access errors, possible attacks and working with the API gateway and network team in transparencies of errors across the data access path
Automation implementation for proactive security check
Container security verification, by ensuring the container to be deployed is check for security vulnerabilities, including dependency checks that might compromise the data access
Automation of backup and restore.
Ensuring all the logs are properly archive and can be used for future security incidence investigation
Network Segmentation and Data access protection
Implementation and management of network segment within the AWS clusters and its needed services. Also ensure the connectivity and access control to-and-from third-party providers, such as Adobe Manage services or payment providers, are hardened and properly validated. This include whitelisting, strong asynchronous access thru strong keys
For secure data access, ensure the data has the proper rule and setup for integrity, availability and the right confidentiality.
Collaborate with the Global IT team in ensuring the data is properly backup with timely snapshots, encrypted at rest, and have proper access control
Additional duties, as assigned
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities to move around the business.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant,more innovative, more productive team. So, if you’ve never worked in construction, that’s fine with us. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field, required
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in DevOps, required
- Strong working knowledge of security principles such as server security, file systems and access control
- Expert knowledge in build automation and continuous integration tools such as Bamboo, Jenkins, Maven, Ant, Ansible, etc.
- Expert knowledge of shell scripting (i.e. bash, PowerShell)
- Clear knowledge of containerization tools (i.e. Docker) and related orchestration platforms
- General knowledge of Application Performance Monitoring like AppDynamics, New Relic.
- Working knowledge in supporting test management and automation frameworks such as Selenium, Saucelabs, Ranorex and Appium
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain an AWS based cloud solution with expertise in a broad range of AWS technologies (e.g. EC2, RDS, ELB, S3, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, ECS, Lambda, IAM)
- Operating Systems: Windows and Linux system administration and debugging
- Knowledge of web technology build tools such as Grunt, Gulp, Webpack, JShint, JSlint, Uglify
- Knowledge of mobile app deployment such HockeyApp, TestFlight.
- Strong analytical ability; able to analyze and resolve complex infrastructure and application deployment issues; self-motivated, able to learn quickly, and has strong work ethic
- Organizational skills with strong attention to detail and follow-up
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written), required
- Working knowledge and implemented Role management of AWS IAM, Active Directory or other well know ID and access management providers
- Knowledge of AWS WAF and knowledge of security incidence verification
- Secret Manager working knowledge
- Encryption at rest and key rotation services; bastion host management and access.
- Ingress controller design and implementation
- Scripting knowledge like shell scripting or python that can leverage API and automation tools in a cloud providers
- Normal office conditions
- Up to 20% domestic and international travel, required
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.