Sr. Backend Developer
What's the role?
The role of Developer II is responsible for supporting the Digital Marketing Unit’s projects, This includes, but is not limited to, mobile apps, e-commerce, customer collaboration, and customer experience systems designed to educate customers about Hilti products for purchase and encourage further engagement beyond the sale. The Developer II must thrive in a highly collaborative environment with his/her own team as well as other teams all while leveraging prior experience to create robust, reliable solutions.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 29,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Actively participate in product feature and design discussions; help shape the future of Hilti’s web platforms
Adjust approach as level of precision for each project dictates
Influence and collaborate with others at all levels of the local and global organization by using interpersonal skills
Present solutions to both technical leadership and other software engineering teams
Lead code review and enforce coding standards
Mentor developers in their day-to-day tasks and build their professional development
Should be able to coach and manage the performance of developer team
Ensure development by external agencies meets team standards
Support application problem resolution for the web shop and various Digital Unit mobile apps
Collaborate with solution architect to validate and implement application solutions and services
Additional duties, as assigned
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field, required
- Minimum six (6) years’ experience in software development in back end web
- In depth knowledge and applied working experience in software development. analytical and structured approach to software design and problem resolution
- Proven application development skills & working experience, maintains analytical thinking and structured software development skills
- Hands-on engineer experienced in developing micro-service based web applications.
- Demonstrated application development in Java framework like Play, AKKA, J2EE, Spring
- Preferred experience in software development in an e-commerce environment
- Proven experience in Java, JEE, Spring and agile development; experience in Hybris, preferred
- Proficient in Asynchronous processing in handling state or data processing (i.e.: knowledge of Promise and Observable event handling are required)
- Masterful experience in agile development methodologies
- Good knowledge in web client security, system setups, and network technologies
- Expert experience in database and data store processing
- Expert Experience with agile software development process; strong understanding of software development lifecycle (SDLC) processes and a developer background in n-tier client-servers solutions
- Experience in re-platforming, application rationalization, and target architecture and roadmap development.
- Ability to problem-solve, plan, and organizational projects effective and efficiently, while adhering to project specifications and deliverables
- Prior experience working with geographically distributed development teams
- Exceptional organizational skills with strong attention to detail and follow-up
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and presentation)
- Normal Office Conditions
- Up to 30% domestic and international travel, required
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.