Spare Parts Warehouse Team Lead-Middletown, PA
What's the role?
The Spare Parts Warehouse Team Lead directs and oversees Distribution Operations personnel. This role is responsible for coordinating operational activities to include shipping, receiving, returns, carrier scheduling, and replenishments. Supervisory responsibilities include performance monitoring, evaluation, coaching, direction of work assignments, and cross-training of personnel. Additional support activities include data analysis, reporting, forecasting, inventory investigation, slotting, data pulls (BI/SAP queries), and project work. This position leads and/or facilitates all efforts to strive towards operational excellence with a focus on improving performance in the key areas of safety, efficiency, and quality.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
• Assist manager in recruiting and hiring process through contract agencies and onsite interviews
• Train, coach, and develop warehouse employees in primary process such as, but not limited to, shipping, receiving, and inbound receipt
• Assist manager in overseeing operational activities including shipping, receiving, returns, carrier scheduling, and replenishments
• Execute and maintain specified reports involving forecasting, inventory management, slotting, and project work
• Develop and maintain a productive work team by creating programs for hiring, training, and professional development and match the skills and background of personnel to the work required
• Maintain an appropriate performance management process for recommending promotions, wage increases, and terminations
• Drive performance by ensuring team is executing key initiatives
• Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external customers to ensure quality and timely feedback to warehouse personnel and processes
• Drive continuous improvement through Lean and CIP processes
• Define and implement operational goals within regional targets
• Responsible for site warehouse safety and site security
• Additional duties as assigned
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
• High School diploma/GED, required
• Three (3) years of operational experience, required; two (2) years of supervisory experience, required
• Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a team-oriented workforce
• Proven experience managing personnel and expenses to meet operational objectives
• Ability to recommend, introduce, and/or implement new technologies to improve the efficiencies and economics of the pick/pack function
• Unsurpassed focus to satisfy every customer order daily
• Creativity and energy; ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, customer-focused environment
• Detail-oriented and well-organized with ability to work under strict deadlines
• Knowledge and ability to use SAP
• Basic understanding of inventory management concepts
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.