Software Product Manager
What's the role?
The Product Manager – Software is responsible for marketing, product lifecycle management, sales initiatives, distribution, and growth of Hilti’s software products. This position is a key contributor to Hilti’s North America software application team, as well as Hilti North America’s product/ trade management. The Product Manager – Software partners with the global and local software project teams, hardware product management, and development teams to deliver world-class applications to the market with a multi-channel approach.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 28,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Responsible for existing and new software products covering Hilti’s software in support of hardware sales and ensure the business relevance and success of the product
Market and promote software solutions to target customers across the available sales and distribution channels
Define and contribute to pricing, positioning, and sales/marketing collateral
Specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to current and prospective customers and partners
Follow the defined software development process and ensure North American customer needs are reflected in the solution; work to ensure the proper sales, distribution, and service approaches are developed
Responsible to monitor the activity, innovation, market reach strategy, and pricing of the competition in the North American market
Collaborate across the company matrix with many interfacing roles including marketing, customer service, and the market organizations to properly support the product and control information flow
Communicate and pursue the software vision with key business stakeholders within the company
Serve as the North American content expert with regards to the software product and collaborate with training and marketing communications to build training content and product launch materials
Additional duties as assigned
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities to move around the business.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative, more productive team.
What you need is:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Marketing, or Engineering
- Minimum 3 years of experience in software product management in an agile development environment required
- Ability to write software requirements/user stories and create wireframes
- Strong team orientation with excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Confident and assertive with the ability to influence and motivate cross functional teams
- Strong technical and computer skills with ability to quickly learn new software programs
- Strong analytical skills; ability to analyze sales and market data, draw conclusions, and present findings
- Ability to learn quickly and operate effectively and independently in a dynamic environment
- Proven effectiveness in developing and executing comprehensive business and launch plans
- Experience with Autodesk software (Revit; AutoCAD MEP; Fabrication CADmep; Navisworks Manage) and/or Aveva or Integraph software is preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of Hilti products, product applications, and customer is preferred
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
“There’s a real family spirit and you can literally knock on any director’s door at any time. Also your line manager will work very hard to help you develop your skills, both professionally and personally.”