Shipper/Receiver - Irving, TX
What's the role?
The role of Repair Center Shipper/Receiver is responsible for operational activities such as shipping, receiving, picking, packing, storing, returns, replenishments with assurance of quality, on-time delivery, and cost efficiency. This position monitors and coordinates the completed tool repair process flow within the tool service operation to support the efficiency of the tool services team.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 29,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
• Receive daily incoming tool repairs and sort according to tool groups
• Package and ship outbound tool repairs daily
• Accurately complete shipment information
• Receive and process spare parts shipments from vendors
• Maintain a clean, safe warehouse environment
• Comply with all OSHA and HAZMAT standards
• Perform cycle counts for inventory accuracy
• Live and promote a cohesive team-oriented environment
• Additional duties, as assigned
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
• High School Diploma or GED, preferred
• Minimum two (2) years’ experience in a warehouse and/or industrial environment, required
• Online inventory management system (WMS, SAP, ERM, or similar), required
• Must be able to handle a large volume of work and multiple priorities
• Must possess good attention to detail with the ability to meet deadlines
• Ability to learn quickly and operate effectively in a rapidly changing environment
• Experience using Windows applications, preferred
• Prior receiving experience, preferred
Adverse Work Conditions:
Workshop environment subject to heat, cold, noise, dust, and other particles
Occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.
Stand for long periods of time and perform repetitive reaching, bending, and climbing
Safety Equipment Required:
Must observe and abide by all safety regulations as required by Hilti and Occupational Health and Safety Standards (OSHA)
Must wear steel toe boots, safety glasses, safety vest, and other safety equipment, as required, when working in the facility and/or operating machinery
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.