Service Technician II - Harrisburg, PA
What's the role?
Maximize productivity within Repair Operations while delivering high quality, timely repairs of Hilti tools and enhancing the value-added image associated with owning a Hilti tool. Provide best-in-class tool repair service in support of Hilti’s Tool Service value proposition.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 28,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
• Functional leader and repair expert on 1-2 tool groups (tool families).
• Maintains superior technical knowledge and skills through continuous professional development by studying & reviewing on-line repair manuals, schematics, & technical files.
• Performs high quality repairs to Hilti products through proper problem diagnosis and application of prescribed corrective measures while utilizing appropriate tools and systems.
• Complete understanding and adherence to repair standards while also ensuring Repair Technicians in assigned tool group use the Tool Service Platform and follow all standards.
• Conducts final functional & safety testing after every repair to ensure customer safety.
• Through continuous inventory, accurate picking of spare parts, & identifying & increasing inadequate safety stock levels, assists in maintaining adequate parts inventory & ensuring best-in-class repair service to Hilti customers
• Provides data & information to Hilti quality & product managers that are used to identify potential improvements to the overall quality & safety of Hilti tools.
• Maintains work areas, tools, and assigned equipment in a proper, organized order thus enabling the incumbent to perform the job in a timely, safe, and efficient manner.
• Continuous and accurate levels of inventory ensuring achievement of spare parts accuracy targets within operation.
• Leads by example and promotes a cohesive team-oriented environment
• Determines Repair Center priorities in order to maintain same day turn-around-time while providing quality repair service.
• Assumes ownership role for assigned tool work group(s) to maintain standards and achieve high performance
• Identify, promote and execute continuous process improvements for repair center operations
• Contribute to the Company’s financial success through COGS control, process improvement and cost containment throughout the repair process
• Complete execution of repair standards throughout workshop
• Promote and execute actions which support Hilti’s business strategy
• Identifies stock shortages & wrong min/max levels, & works with materials management & the Spare Parts Warehouse to correct ensuring spare parts availability & Hilti’s Lifetime Service commitment
• Responsible for local on-site training and assists Regional Repair Expert with assigned tasks
• Participation in regional or global workbench summits
• Performs other duties as assigned by manager
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
• High School Diploma/GED or equivalent experience required
• Minimum two (2) years’ mechanical/electrical repair experience or electric component assembly experience, required
• Experience using Windows applications preferred
Combination of normal office and workshop conditions.
Adverse Work Conditions:
• Workshop environment subject to heat, cold, noise, dust, and other particles
• Must have the ability to use hand tools and equipment to disassemble and assemble power tools
Safety Equipment Required:
• Must observe and abide by all safety regulations as required by Hilti and Occupational Health and Safety Standards (OSHA)
• Must wear steel toe boots, safety glasses, safety vest, and other safety equipment, as required, when working in the facility and/or operating machinery
• Occasionally lift up to 70 lbs.
• Stand for long periods of time and perform repetitive reaching, bending, and climbing.
• Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours daily while performing tool repairs at workstation
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.