Senior Technical Recruiting Specialist
What's the role?
The role of Senior Technical Recruiting Specialist collaborates and consults with business unit (BU) leaders and hiring managers on strategic and tactical recruitment plans designed to meet Hilti North America’s (HNA) business objectives through the effective acquisition of talent. We are looking for someone with experience in Software, Digital, and IT skillsets.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Manage full life cycle recruitment process: post and maintain positions on job boards, including internal career site, source and screen resumes to match candidate skills to established profiles, manage online assessment process, conduct phone screens, educate hiring managers on the importance of behavioral interviewing, and provide recommendations on finalists and compensation for hiring manager review
Proactively consult with business and human resource partners to identify staffing needs. Develop an implementation, fulfillment plan strategy for each open position
Partner with hiring managers to fully understand the requirements of the position and the profile of the most talented candidate for the position ensuring only the most qualified candidates are presented
Collaborate with stakeholders to identify candidates who possess position specific qualifications and values consistent with Hilti culture, mission and values
Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local laws and regulations related to all recruiting and hiring practices
Develop and facilitate trainings tailored towards full cycle recruiting, corporate trainings, industry trends and innovative recruiting practices; coach and mentor recruiting team members
Monitors recruitment metrics and develops actions plans to improve metrics, when needed.
Utilize well established and cutting-edge sourcing techniques to generate qualified diverse candidate pools. Lead improvements to acquire new talent by initiating high quality, cost efficient alternative recruitment strategies
Proactively and strategically develop workforce pipeline for hard to fill positions by cultivating relationships and networking with local organizations, universities, and other candidate pools to increase the profile of Hilti as an employer choice within the community
Guide candidates and hiring managers through the hiring and onboarding process; keep all parties informed at all stages of the recruitment process. Provide clear and timely communication
Track job opening and candidate activity data for reporting purposes
Maintain all pertinent applicant and interview data in the Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
Regularly follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans, candidate profiles, and market-specific needs
Develop and drive strategic recruitment projects in partnership with senior leadership (Directors and Executive Management Team) to attract high potential employees into the organization
Partner with HR Management team to implement pilot initiatives related to recruiting, new hire onboarding, and Applicant Tracking Systems Data Management
Additional duties, as assigned
What do we offer?
Innovation is who we are and it’s evident in the way we work. Together with our customers, we develop solutions that improve productivity, safety and sustainability
Why should you apply?
Be part of the solutions and technologies that help build some of the world’s greatest structures.
What you need is:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience, required
- Minimum five (5) years’ recruitment experience, required
- Works collaboratively and supports efforts of the team members
- Possess self-leadership skills: independent, comfortable working with limited direction
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proven track record of developing, assessing, attracting and hiring top level talent
- Possess a high level of expertise in Talent Acquisition to liaise between HR Business Partners and senior management
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Possess a high degree of analytical and reporting skills
- Strong conceptual thinking skills and the ability to utilize creative and innovative approaches in problem solving
- Demonstrates strong influencing skills
- A high level of motivation, exceptional customer service and the ability to interact with all stakeholders
- Possess a continuous improvement mentality in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment
- Outstanding organizational ability, attention to detail and follow up skills
- Ability to promote Hilti through professional networking opportunities
- Professional Certifications in Human Resources (PHR/SPHR/SHRM-CP), preferred
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
“There’s a real family spirit and you can literally knock on any director’s door at any time. Also your line manager will work very hard to help you develop your skills, both professionally and personally.”