Senior Tax Analyst
What's the role?
The role of Tax Analyst, Senior is responsible for providing tax information and tax analytical problem solving to Hilti North America (HNA) management; ensuring profitable operations and profitable business policy decision making.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 29,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
As a Senior Tax Analyst, you will be responsible for all return and work paper preparation for all US, Canada, and Puerto Rico federal and state/provincial income and franchise tax compliance; including interpretation of all applicable tax code and regulations, understanding financial accounting treatment, determining appropriate tax adjustments, and presenting all relevant information on tax returns correctly, etc. You will also research and prepare comprehensive tax memorandums to support important tax positions; including determining the impact of law changes on Hilti’s current business and applying existing rules and regulations to changes in Hilti’s business, etc.
You will prepare the interim and annual deferred tax calculations for all Hilti companies in the US, Canada, and Puerto Rico; coordinate corporate Finance to report the results to Hilti Global and review deferred tax calculations with external auditors. You will monitor the income and franchise tax accounts by performing monthly tax account analysis; communicate any required tax account adjustments to corporate Finance. You will also calculate estimated taxable income for current year and preparing all US, Canada, and Puerto Rico federal and state/provincial income tax estimated payments and extensions.
As a Senior Tax Analyst, you will be responsible for notice resolution and data preparation for assigned audits with the objective of reducing tax liabilities to the legal minimum, thereby maximizing profits. You will track and analyze taxable employee benefits, provided by Hilti, to team members throughout the year; communicate results to Payroll (i.e.: service awards, personal use of employer-provided vehicle, miscellaneous gifts and awards, etc.). You will also review all retirement and welfare benefit plan returns and work with Human Resources to ensure all information presented on the returns is correct and appropriate. Finally, you will develop and maintain sound business relationships with Hilti personnel, customers, tax auditors, and other members of the tax business community.
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities to move around the business.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative, more productive team.
What you need is:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- Master’s Degree in Tax or MBA, preferred
- Minimum two (2) to five (5) years’ public accounting tax experience, required (obtained through a “Big 4” public accounting firm, highly preferred)
- Extensive knowledge of US, Canadian, and Puerto Rico federal and state/provincial income tax
- Demonstrated strong conceptual and critical thinking skills; ability to utilize creative and innovative approaches in problem solving
- Ability to work independently and handle confidential material required
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills and ability to detail analyze large volumes of data
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task while meeting deadlines, required
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others
- International tax experience, preferred
- Employee benefit tax experience, preferred
- CPA candidate required, CPA preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, preferred
- Proficiency with SAP, preferred
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
“There’s a real family spirit and you can literally knock on any director’s door at any time. Also your line manager will work very hard to help you develop your skills, both professionally and personally.”