What's the role?
The Scrum Master will teach and coach teams to properly apply the Scrum framework, through demonstrating deep understanding of Scrum values, practices, and agile principles for the purpose of creating high performing teams. The successful candidate will be able to effectively lead multiple teams along their agile journey while maintaining focus on business objectives which deliver high customer value.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Serve as Scrum Master for multiple teams across the organization
Build team cohesion through collaboration and effective communication
Along with the Product Owner, develop and maintain a product and software vision in alignment with business objectives. Communicate vision with clarity throughout the organization
Influence completion of complex, initiatives including: creation of new products and technologies, customer applications, and product line extensions with emphasis on commitment follow-through within an established time-box
Utilize effective information radiators for clear, transparent communication to the organization
Identify, coach, and develop team members, as needed
Collaborate throughout the organization, with customers, and stakeholders to identify feedback opportunities for continuous team improvement
Create a culture of learning and excellence; lead by example and communicating expectations of consistent adherence with the Hilti Code of Conduct Principles, HR Principles, and Hilti 2020 vision
Implement Scrum practices, Agile methodologies, and technical excellence practices for product development
Interact with global, cross-functional, and cross-company technical and business teams; collaborate with corporate and business group to quickly capitalize on opportunities
Identify and lead opportunities to increase product quality and speed to customer value throughout the organization
Maintain relevant metrics which aid in the guidance of the Scrum team towards efficient processes and outcomes
Excellent client-facing and internal written and verbal communication skills
Active participant in local Agile communities of practice
Additional duties, as assigned
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
- Bachelor Degree in IT or related field and minimum six (6) years’ experience, OR High School diploma and minimum ten (10) years relevant experience, required
- Advanced Scrum certification (A-CSM, SASM, CSP), preferred
- 3 or more years as a Scrum Master
- Demonstrated skills include: project and resource prioritization, product and technology road mapping, project management, team member development and coaching, Agile software development, strong customer focus
- Driven towards continuous improvement, self-motivated, able to learn quickly, able to multi-task, able to meet assist teams to meet Sprint commitments, and has a fanatical work ethic
- Assertive – able to encourage and influence adherence to Agile/Scrum concepts and practices
- Demonstrated excellence of interpersonal skills with the ability to work with widely diverse personalities
- Normal office conditions.
- Up to 10% domestic and international travel, required.
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.