Revit Operator - PMO Plano, TX
What's the role?
The Revit Operator (Project Management Office) provides support to field personnel via the development of CAD drawings as directed by Installation System Engineers (ISE): 1. To create original designs; 2. Convert competitive designs and specifications to pro-Hilti designs and specifications, and 3. Provide technical answers to questions related to the Installation Systems (IS) portfolio. The work completed by this role will facilitate Installation System sales to achieve planned sales growth.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
• Support field personnel via the creation of 3D models to yield clear, complete, and accurate working documents/Revit drawings for Installation Systems (IS) from rough sketches and/or models provided by ISE’s
• Responsible for checking the dimensions and relationships of components to each other and the whole
• Maintain Installation System Engineer Drawing Database and Standards for accuracy and completeness according to Hilti International guidelines (drafting standards)
• Promote “Services and Support” initiative driven by Hilti North America and Hilti AG Installation Systems Business Unit
• Mentor Installation System CAD/Revit Operator I, II, and Interns
• Proactively interface with Hilti AG Drawing Administration (FII) to resolve any hardware/software problems.
• Collaborate with Installation Systems Engineers to develop conceptual layouts for new products, as well as, product improvements and innovations
• Additional duties as assigned
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities to move around the business.
Why should you apply?
Ongoing organization – wide training, comprehensive benefits, educational support and community involvement. We are a team. In the field at ground level, to leadership.
What you need is:
•Associates degree in Design Drafting Technology or equivalent, required
• Minimum five (5) years relevant professional drafting experience in a 3D modeling environment, required
• Minimum two (2) Revit experience, required
•Intermediate understanding of Virtual Design Consultant (VDC) and BIM360, preferred
• Aptitude to read and understand blueprints, construction specifications, and documents, required
• General dimensioning and tolerance principals, required
• Ability to communicate (both oral & written) effectively with engineers, architects, contractors, and Hilti personnel, required
• Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, required
• Demonstrated ability to organize and use large amounts of reference information (both hardcopy and electronic files), required
• Ability to function effectively on teams, required
• Working knowledge of industry-related construction materials, methods, and practices, preferred
*Preferably, internal candidates will have been in current role for at least 18-24 months
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.