Reporting Analyst - Plano, TX
What's the role?
The role of the Market Reach Reporting Analyst III is responsible to provide services to the organization in the areas of Corporate Strategy, Compensation Reporting, and Sales Reporting and Analysis. Additionally, this position maintains global responsibilities for supporting specific global reports as assigned and will serve as the subject matter expert for certain focus areas. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, coordinating with internal sponsors of specified projects, help guide the specification and development of the requested solutions, lead others within the team through mentoring, training, and evaluation of progress on projects, and is responsible for development of applications and automation processes related to the focus areas supported.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Assess, capture, and translate highly complex business issues and requirements into structured analytics use case for business decisions
Serve as mentor for others within the team to develop their technical skills and knowledge of the systems/applications supported
Manage the development and implementation of sales and marketing information systems, applications, and tools to improve utilization of the Company’s databases and repositories; including customer, product, trade, and general market information
identify new opportunities where sales and marketing automation/information can be used to increase productivity and available of information to our internal customers
Lead the automation of market research reporting processes
Provide service to other groups on an adhoc basis for assistance in the “how to” of getting information from our various systems as the subject matter expert
Partner with leaders in the various departments where the team has focus area responsibility; work closely with management to provide the best possible solutions
Leadership involvement on development projects, from a technical standpoint
Create reporting and applications from specification to delivery and support, using various tools, as befits the request
Distribute reporting for sales force, engineers, and specialists, using the myReports portal as well as other communication/distribution avenues
Responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of bonus calculation systems to ensure timely and accurate bonus payments for all non-Corporate bonus plans
Support HR Compensation in the development of variable pay calculations to ensure bonus measurements are objective, measurable, and consistently applied according to plan documents
Coordinate with HR Compensation to facilitate the audit and upload of payroll for bonuses
Develop and support certain global market reach topics for Hilti world-wide
Provide guidance, training, and support for Hilti personnel who are new in position on BI and Business Objects Analysis (BOA) and other tools/applications, including our myReports platform
Additional duties, as assigned
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative, more productive team. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability.
What you need is:
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Marketing, Business, Accounting, or Finance required
- Master’s Degree, preferred
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in the areas of reporting, analysis, and application development, required
- Detailed understanding of the business processes within Hilti and an understanding of the relationship between the business processes and the business warehouse data models preferred
- Intermediate understanding of the BI Data Model concept strongly preferred
- Intermediate understanding of the ERP table structures strongly preferred
- Demonstrated expertise in programming languages (e.g. R, Python, Alteryx, or SQL) and visualization platforms (e.g. SAP Analytic Cloud, Tableau, Power BI), required
- Advanced BI / Business Objects skills to write and run queries preferred
- Strong understanding of the data model necessary for reporting preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Tableau Data visualization and Alteryx Data blending strongly preferred
- Expert proficiency in MS Excel including macros and advanced formulas strongly preferred
- Advanced analytical skills required
- Thoroughness and attention to detail required
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, including Access, required
- Advanced SAP skills preferred
- Skills in tools such as Visual Basic, Think-Cell preferred
- SAP Business Objects knowledge preferred, including the use of Web Intelligence
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
“There’s a real family spirit and you can literally knock on any director’s door at any time. Also your line manager will work very hard to help you develop your skills, both professionally and personally.”