What's the role?
The Quality Manager will work collaboratively with Project Business, Engineering, HUB Marketing, Marketing Organizations (MO), Logistics, Finance, etc., to design, execute, and lead the professionalization of the quality function within the Value Added Service Centers (VASC). This role will utilize change management principles, processes, and tools to focus on achieving quality, financial, and operational results for internal clients and external customers.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
• Evaluate and implement protocols & methods to inspect and test products to ensure compliance with quality standards
• Update our Quality Management System (QMS) with incidents, fixes, and improvements
• Audit our systems based on ISO 9001:2015 requirements
• Determine quality metrics for all manufacturing procedures, including developing processes & tests to determine that appropriate quality control analysis is being preformed
• Monitor the production cycle and perform regular tests for early detections of potential malfunctions
• Inspect product materials and electrical systems for defects and durability
• Identify the root of technical issues and recommend fixes
• Prepare reports on malfunctions and corrective actions (e.g. number of defective raw materials per order)
• Review current blueprints and quality documentation
• Create documentation on inspection & testing procedures; evaluate and analyzes the efforts in organizing, documenting and interpreting inspection support documents and records
• Set and track quality assurance goals (e.g. reduce average turnaround time for quality checks by 20%)
• Coordinate with external quality assurance auditors and technicians to ensure legal compliance
• Work with internal teams to increase customer satisfaction by improving the quality of the products
• Additional duties as assigned
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
• Bachelor’s Degree in mechanical, structural, or industrial Engineering, required
• Five to seven (5-7) years experience in structural or mechanical engineering, required
• Experience as quality engineer or similar, preferred
• Quality Assurance certification, preferred
• Lean / Six Sigma experience, preferred
• Demonstrated experience with Quality Management Systems (QMS) and testing methodologies
• In-depth understanding of technical documentation
• Demonstrated analytical skills with the ability to complete & understand statistical analysis
• Proactive problem solver with attention to detail
Up to 20% domestic travel, required.
Adverse Working Conditions:
• Erratic temperature control (hot in summer, cold in winter)
• Workshop environment is subject to hear, cold, noise, dust and other particles
• Operation of large equipment and machinery (i.e. production machines and forklifts)
Safety Equipment Required:
• Must observe and abide by any and all safety regulations as required by Hilti and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
• Proper labeling and handling of hazardous materials per Hilti and OSHA policy
• Must wear steel toe boots, safety glasses, safety vest, and other safety equipment as required when working in the warehouse and/or operating machinery
• Regular heavy lifting of 50 + lbs.
• Occasional heavy lifting up to 75 lbs. required
• Warehouse material handling equipment and truck loading / unloading
• Must be able to tolerate a variable climate, prolonged standing, repetitive bending and reaching, and climbing up and down ladders
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.