QA Software Engineer II
What's the role?
The role of Quality Assurance (QA) Software Engineer in Test (SEIT) is tasked to develop and execute exploratory and performance tests to ensure product performance; debugging of performance test results of software products will also be included. QA SEIT responsibilities include designing and implementing performance test automation, debugging software code and systems, and defining corrective actions for given performance bench marks. This position will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. performance metrics, create the performance baseline).
Who is Hilti?
Hilti is where innovation is improving productivity, safety and sustainability in the global construction industry, and beyond. Where strong customer relationships are creating solutions that build a better future. Where there is pride and a sense of belonging across our 120 locations, carrying right into our lives and homes. Where people are exploring possibilities, leveraging their potential, owning their personal development and growing lasting careers.
What does the role involve?
• Primary responsibility is to design and develop test scripting in performance test automation frameworks, performance test analysis, performance execution and reporting, allowing for continuous improvement in performance test efficiency, test cycle times, and completeness of testing coverage.
• Team Expert for automation testing for web client applications
• Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
• Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured performance test plans and test strategy
• Assist QA Manager in estimating, prioritizing, planning and coordinating performance testing activities
• Design, develop and execute performance automation scripts using open source tool : Gatling
• Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs related to performance testing
• Perform thorough performance testing when bugs are resolved
• Develop and apply performance testing processes for new and existing products to meet performance bench marks
• Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
• Monitor debugging process results
• Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
• Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
• Work as part of the team, with minimal direction
• Influence others at all levels of the organization by using interpersonal skills
• Mentor junior level testers while working on self-development and growth
• Additional duties, as assigned
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field, required
• Minimum five (5) years’ experience in test automation development
• Proven work experience in software quality assurance
• Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
• Strong skills in performance test automation using Gatling with Java/Scala
• Experience with Performance tests tools such as JMeter
• Advanced skills in Java/Scala, POO and Git
• Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes with a focus toward performance and load tests
• Experience with CI/CD tools
• SAP and Hybris knowledge a plus
• Experience with Atlassian development tools, i.e. Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence, Bamboo
• Knowledge of Selenium, Cucumber and other BDD approaches a plus
• Knowledge of Bamboo a plus
• Knowledge of SQL and scripting
• SAP knowledge a plus
• Hybris experience preferred
• Expert Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
• Excellent problem-solving, planning, and organizational skills
• Exceptional organizational skills with strong attention to detail and follow-up
• Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
• Prior experience leading and working with geographically distributed development teams