Project Manager II - Logistics
What's the role?
The Project Manager II - Logistics is responsible for leading Supply Chain projects from concept through implementation and roll-out. Projects are typically medium to large in scope, cross-functional and complex in nature, and are expected to deliver significant benefits in terms of customer satisfaction, productivity and working capital.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 29,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Define and manage, from concept to implementation, broad scope projects across the areas of Materials Management, Order Management, Distribution, and Transportation with high complexity, high value impact (customer/financial), strategic implications, and organizational change requirements
Remain accountable for effectively defining, planning, and implementing projects that achieve company objectives, productivity standards, and cost controls by understanding and defining cross functional requirements, documenting processes, training others, and being responsible for functional expertise, coaching, and mentoring
Participate in global initiatives, partner with global teams to improve systems and processes, participate in process expert functions and meetings, and initiate enhancements
Additional duties as assigned
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
- Bachelor's Degree required; advanced degree and certifications preferred (APICS, Project Management)
- Minimum five (5) years Supply Chain experience, with two (2) of those years in Project Management roles
- High level of functional expertise regarding Supply Chain operations, processes, systems, and data with demonstrated ability to apply functional and system expertise to business requirements
- Knowledge of SAP – SD, APO, data warehouse (BI)
- Demonstrated leadership in defining cross functional requirements and leading projects
- Experience documenting processes and communicating change
- Lean / Six Sigma experience highly preferred
- Demonstrated coaching/training skills for mentoring others
- Excellent verbal, presentation, and written communication skills to all external/internal customers, peer groups, and upper management
- International experience preferred
- Working Conditions:
- Normal office conditions
- Up to 25% (domestic/international/both) travel required
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.