Project Manager II - AMS - Plano, TX
What's the role?
The AMS (After Market Service) Project Manager II is responsible for leading AMS/Tool Service Projects from concept through implementation and roll-out. Projects are typically medium to large in scope, cross-functional and complex in nature, and are expected to deliver significant benefits in terms of customer satisfaction, productivity/efficiency and working capital.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 29,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
• Define and manage from concept to implementation broad scope projects across the areas of After Market Services (AMS), Logistics, Channels, and Marketing with medium to high complexity, high value impact (customer/financial), and strategic implications
• Manage and integrate various stakeholders throughout the organization. Make presentations in various forums with audiences including CEO, GMs, and the Global Tool Service Leadership team
• Maintain a continuous improvement mindset and make recommendations to senior management on programs to improve operations, including technologies that may have application within the tool service process
• Use creativity and leadership skills to find solutions while developing, tracking and executing detailed project plans for major initiatives (global and regional) to make sure they occur in an aggressive timeline
• Proactively identify, align, and implement continuous improvements and new initiatives which bring efficiency and productivity within the end-to-end repair process
• Participate in global initiatives, partner with global and local teams to improve the customer end-to-end repair experience
• Guide the Lean transformation and change process within tool service operations by actively leading lean initiatives through Kaizen workshops and value stream projects to drive productivity and sustainability
• Additional duties, as assigned
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
• Bachelor’s Degree Or equivalent experience, required
o Advance degree and certifications, preferred (Lean/Six Sigma, Project Management)
• Minimum four (4) years production, manufacturing or operations (such as Supply Chain) experience, required
o Proficiency in Project Management, required
• High level of functional expertise regarding operations, processes, systems and data with demonstrated ability to apply functional and system expertise to business requirements
• Demonstrated leadership in defining cross functional requirements and leading projects
• Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills to all external/internal customers, peer groups, and senior management
• Demonstrated coaching/training skills for mentoring others
• International experience preferred
• Potential to develop for future roles both locally and internationally
Normal office conditions with some exposure to service center operations or warehouse environments
Up to 40% domestic and international travel, required
Adverse Work Conditions:
• Workshop environment subject to heat, cold, noise, dust, and other particles
• Must have the ability to use hand tools and equipment to disassemble and assemble power tools
Safety Equipment Required:
• Must observe and abide by all safety regulations as required by Hilti and Occupational Health and Safety Standards (OSHA)
• Must wear steel toe boots, safety glasses, safety vest, and other safety equipment, as required, when working in the facility and/or operating machinery
• Occasionally lift up to 70 lbs.
• Stand for long periods of time and perform repetitive reaching, bending, and climbing
• Must be able to stand for up to 8 hours daily while performing tool repairs at workstation
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.