Project Manager II
What's the role?
The role of Project Manager (PM) II, is responsible for coordinating efforts of an entire team to plan and execute project business from bid/quoting phase to execution/fulfillment. The PM II is charged with managing scope of a project to ensure a profitable budget is proposed/presented to the customer. If PO is received, the PM II will manage execution/fulfillment to complete project within schedule while maintaining budget and overall profitability.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
• Hilti’s single point of contact on project for customer, field sales team, PMO, and internal corporate departments
• Lead and coordinate cross-functionally between PMO, Materials Management, Legal, Credit, Transportation/Logistics, and field sales team to align and manage tasks
• As necessary, conduct project coordination meetings to evaluate progress and prepare detailed reports
• Assist field sales team in contract negotiations with customer; assess risk and reach profitable agreements
• Review project specifications/drawings and contract terms and conditions to understand scope of work required; ensure Hilti compliance during execution of work
• Define/manage overall project schedule; assign tasks/deadlines to project team as necessary during execution of work
• Where applicable, represent Hilti in customer’s project meetings
• Manage overall costs for project to ensure profitability during execution of work
• As required, ensure proper documentation of work throughout project, including submittals (engineering/product), RFIs, correspondence, etc.
• Assess/mitigate risk through project schedule, especially as changes arise, executing change order management
• Strong communication with project team, both internal and external, as well as customer
• Additional duties, as assigned
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
• Bachelor’s Degree, required
o Emphasis in Engineering or Construction Management, preferred
• Minimum three (3) years’ experience in engineering, construction management, or related technical field, required to include:
o Minimum two (2) years’ experience as a Project Manager, required
o Knowledge of construction methods, local building codes, and practices as they relate to Hilti products, required
• Proven track record in project management, required
• Full comprehension of entire project team (architect, engineers, PM’s, superintendents, safety reps, purchasing, etc.) and how they interact together
• Demonstrated time management and organizational skills; must be able to organize all projects, track successes, and bring these successes to the next project
• Outstanding communication (verbal and written) and negotiation skills
• Experience using Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PPT, Outlook)
• Experience using SAP, preferred
• PMP or equivalent certification, preferred
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.