Project Manager II
What's the role?
The Logistics Project Manager II is responsible for leading Supply Chain projects from concept through implementation and roll-out. Projects are typically medium to large in scope, cross-functional and complex in nature, and are expected to deliver significant benefits in terms of customer satisfaction, productivity and working capital.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
• Develop quality standards and processes for fulfillment of goods to end customers focusing on both quality and cost
• Cross functionally define shipping attributes to optimize cost and minimize damages on internal stock transfers and direct to customer shipments alike
• Remain accountable for effectively defining, planning, and implementing projects that achieve company objectives, productivity standards, and cost controls by understanding and defining cross functional requirements, documenting processes, training others, and being responsible for functional expertise, coaching, and mentoring
• Coordinate with Materials Management on evaluation of pallet build attributes to optimize product positioning in the network
• Participate in global initiatives, partner with global teams to improve supplier packaging
• Develop, implement, and track packaging standards across distribution network, and assist in definition of standards to facilitate successful transport of custom projects
• Facilitate/lead Kaizen events to achieve results and produce business cases for changes with quality focus
• Complying with and reinforcing safety, security, and environmental policies
• Additional duties as assigned
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
• Bachelor's Degree required; advanced degree and certifications preferred (APICS, Project Management)
• Minimum five (5) years Supply Chain experience, with two (2) of those years in Project Management roles
• High level of functional expertise regarding Supply Chain operations, processes, systems, and data with demonstrated ability to apply functional and system expertise to business requirements
• Knowledge of SAP – SD, APO, data warehouse (BI)
• Demonstrated leadership in defining cross functional requirements and leading projects
• Experience documenting processes and communicating change
• Lean / Six Sigma experience highly preferred
• Demonstrated coaching/training skills for mentoring others
• Excellent verbal, presentation, and written communication skills to all external/internal customers, peer groups, and upper management
• International experience, preferred
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
“You get a unique opportunity to experience all different functions of the supply chain – and, for many people, to do it overseas. We really encourage our teams to challenge the way things are done. If you can make a process simpler, do it, show us.”