Project Business Manager-Plano, TX
What's the role?
Responsible for managing the fulfillment and execution of customer orders for Project Business. The Project Manager II will interface with the Hilti project team(s) in the field, hub office(s) and distribution network to understand the customer requirements and align the corporate and global departments to complete a successful delivery.
Who is Hilti?
Hilti is where innovation is improving productivity, safety and sustainability in the global construction industry, and beyond. Where strong customer relationships are creating solutions that build a better future. Where there is pride and a sense of belonging across our 120 locations, carrying right into our lives and homes. Where people are exploring possibilities, leveraging their potential, owning their personal development and growing lasting careers.
What does the role involve?
• Responsible for the timely and complete delivery of materials for any order under the Project Business criteria (typically over $20K and/or VAS delivery requirements). This entails working closely with Materials Management, Distribution, and Transportation to ensure that the order is delivered according to the customer’s requirements
• Maintain a high level of communication with Account Manager(s) to ensure alignment on the following: requested delivery dates, complete/split shipments, multiple deliveries, packaging requirements, equipment needs (e.g. flat-bed truck), scheduling constraints, needed order changes, etc.
• Work with Customer Service to ensure complete and accurate information is captured during order entry
• Coordinate efforts with Materials Management to ensure supplies are available for production at our Value -Added Service Centers
• Work with Distribution and Transportation workstreams to process delivery information
• Monitor the end to end fulfillment process to ensure customer satisfaction, monitor quality, and take proactive measures to solve problems when issues surface
• Work cross-functionally to improve the reliability and efficiency of the processes for executing Project Business orders
• Ability to manage all order types with little to no supervision
• Serve as Single Point of Contact (SPOC), for the assigned Hilti region. for a Hilti region for all order types
• Subject Matter Expert (SME) multiple product classifications and Hilti Processes (i.e. freight, VAS, BIM)
• Additional duties, as assigned
What do we offer?
”I’ve become a much better version of myself since working at Hilti – intellectually, as a human being and from a social responsibility perspective.” Banu, Hilti Turkey
Why should you apply?
We are recognized as one of best workplaces on the 2020 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®. 2019 Best Place to Work by Glassdoor.
What you need is:
• Bachelor’s Degree, required
o Master’s degree, preferred
• Minimum five (5) years’ Supply Chain or similar experience, required
• Demonstrated a high level of functional expertise regarding Supply Chain operations, processes, and systems
• Knowledge of SAP or ERP software required – SD, APO, data warehouse (BI), preferred
• Experience documenting processes and communicating change
• Green Belt Six Sigma Experience, strongly preferred
• Demonstrated ability to influence others without direct authority
• Demonstrated ability to coach, mentor and train others
• Ability to effectively communicate cross functionally and with team members and stakeholders at different levels of the organization
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
“You get a unique opportunity to experience all different functions of the supply chain – and, for many people, to do it overseas. We really encourage our teams to challenge the way things are done. If you can make a process simpler, do it, show us.”