Product Owner III - Software Team Lead
What's the role?
Would you like to join an organization where team members have driven a Best Place to Work culture and was awarded the honor by Glassdoor for 2019? If you are passionate about developing yourself and charting your own global career path, this opportunity is an excellent fit.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading a team of Product Owners to drive detailed requirements gathering process. You will be responsible for providing performance management, technical expertise, and team leadership on major, complex initiatives.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 29,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Establish, document, mature agile product owner discipline, tools and process
Maintain current software functionality and support new platform builds
Responsible for leading team to write technical requirements, review existing technical documentation, transform technical documentation into a standardized format, and load and maintain a single repository/tool. Collaborate with architect to identify services to be consolidated, reused, or improved to meet future demand
Work with product management and development team to prioritize initiatives and build product road maps
Participate in the Project Management process; understand and apply the system development methodology; contribute to project deliverables including vision documents, status reports, and project, risk, resource and financial plans; communicate status, business impacts and system changes to team members, business partners, sponsors, management and other interested parties; coordinate issues, tracking, and resolution on high level, complex projects
Perform product validations to ensure deployed software meets defined acceptance criteria, and overall stakeholder expectations
Manage user acceptance testing activities for maintenance and project assignments; provide guidance for testing strategies, scope and scenarios; review and provide advice for testing-related estimates of effort, duration and resource utilization; prepare and review test plans; identify testing risks and contribute to the overall management of project and risk plans; coordinate, manage and participate in complex testing efforts. Ability to write and execute manual test cases, as required
Provide general customer support for assigned products; manage the most complex system problem logs; work with product manager, other SME’s and technical staff to perform effective root-cause analysis and resolution
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
- Bachelor Degree, required with emphasis in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar
- Minimum ten (10) years’ experience
- Knowledge of the construction industry with a focus on structural engineering and BIM software products, required
- Strong understanding of Software as a Service (SaaS) delivery model
- Strong knowledge of requirements documentation tools and processes. (User Stories, Use Cases etc.)
- Demonstrated understanding of object-oriented software development, design patterns, data structures, algorithms, SOA principles, web-services, UML, XML, and SQL
- The ideal candidate is proficient with the following technical applications: JIRA, Confluence.
- Special skills depending on the field of assignment. (AEC, Navisworks, Smart Plant 3D, Aveva, Revit, etc.)
- Strong analytical agility; ability to switch effortlessly between business and technical terminology
- Demonstrated multi-tasking ability; self-motivated, ability to learn quickly, meet deadlines, and has a fanatical work ethic
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.