Product Marketing Manager
What's the role?
The role of Product Marketing Manager, is responsible for telling the world the story of Hilti’s software products. This position crafts the strategy around competitive product positioning, messaging, and development of marketing content for use in both global and regional marketing programs. The Product Marketing Manager works collaboratively with other marketing professionals in the development of innovative marketing programs that drive awareness, demand, and adoption of Hilti software products to worldwide users.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 28,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Develop product positioning and messaging that differentiates Hilti Software products in the market
Translate technical details into benefits for the various target audiences
Create and maintain product content (e.g. sales enablement documentation, case studies, product videos, website copy, blog posts, forum responses) to articulate the benefits of our products globally and regionally
Understand analyst relations and important media (magazines/websites/blogs, etc.); build industry relationships and coordinate any press activities
Work closely with marketing program managers to plan the launch of new products and releases
Follow and analyze market trends to position products; functional expert on software buyers and users, and on the competition and how to position against them
Provide enablement materials and tools to help sales and partners succeed
Speak and present both internally and externally to promote the story of our software products
Measure and optimize the customer’s journey as it relates to product feature adoption and usage
Review all technical marketing collateral for new and existing products
Work in a collaborative, cross-team capacity; work across functions and departments to bring products to life
Expert in translating product features and functionality into customer value and needs messaging; drive new messaging and marketing behavior in sales teams globally through the creation of sales materials and tools
Responsible for market intelligence; competitive messaging and marketing, target persona enhancement, and identifying new and effective marketing channels to reach target audiences
Work closely with product management, software development, sales, support, and regional marketing teams to create messaging and effective marketing campaign strategies
Additional duties, as assigned
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities to move around the business.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people, which we believe makes for a more vibrant, more innovative, more productive team.
What you need is:
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA/BS) required; emphasis in Business Administration or marketing, preferred
- Master’s Degree, preferred
- Minimum five (5) years’ software product marketing experience with at least two (2) years’ experience in a field-facing role
- Previous experience marketing complex technical platforms or solutions, required
- Proven success in new product launch marketing programs, required
- Exceptional writing, presentation and communication skills, required
- Demonstrated multi-tasking ability, required; prioritize and manage multiple projects
- Fluency with outbound and inbound marketing tactics, including SEM, SEO, content marketing, and social media, required
- Attention to detail and an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits, required
- Previous AEC experience, preferred
- Previous experience in digital marketing, product marketing, and/or product management
- Excellent people skills; ability to interact with colleagues, cross-functional teams, and third parties
- Ability to work effectively in global matrixed environment and within virtual teams
- Ability to prioritize and be flexible in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
“There’s a real family spirit and you can literally knock on any director’s door at any time. Also your line manager will work very hard to help you develop your skills, both professionally and personally.”