Power Generation Business Developer - Boston, MA
What's the role?
This role is responsible for developing sales, driving specifications, and developing long term relationships with local and international assigned key accounts and projects.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Act as the primary contact and negotiator for assigned key accounts to include large domestic and international accounts, mega accounts, and complex international conglomerates
Responsible for coordinating the necessary Hilti resources, both domestically and globally, required to support the key projects of the assigned customers
Develop and execute account development strategies to ensure an increasing share of wallet and attractive return on sales
Develop account and project penetration strategies and action plans based on analyzing and prioritizing opportunities, determining the required resources, and understanding the decision making and internal influencing dynamics
Responsible for securing specifications for targeted projects and /or company standards, ensuring that Hilti’s innovation is the desired solution for key applications
Generate new ISB business in multiple projects and/or ISB standards with assigned key accounts
Negotiate, coordinate, and implement pricing agreements aimed at increasing share of wallet and improving overall account profitability
Develop and maintain appropriate contacts at all relevant levels to understand and secure the fulfillment of customer requirements
Responsible for developing and maintaining a comprehensive database of key contacts within SAP
Utilizes SAP Mobile, CRM/CPM, and call reports to plan and manage activities relevant to customer development
Responsible for developing a high level of industry and application expertise that benefit targeted customer’s projects and stakeholders
Other duties as assigned
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including your own van full of tools and one-to-one coaching. You’ll enjoy a rare combination of autonomy and camaraderie, as you’ll manage your own book of business while being part of a friendly team.
We’ll give you lots of responsibility, including your own portfolio of customers and these might be trades experts, project managers, or company leaders. From there, we’ll trust you to do whatever it takes to deliver outstanding results. Go the extra mile and we’ll reward you with unrivaled training, development, and career opportunities as soon as you’re ready for the next challenge.
Day to day you’ll report to your regional sales manager, who will also be there to help you manage your career.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability.
What you need is:
- POWER GENERATION EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical Engineering or related field required
- MBA or Master’s degree preferred
- A minimum of eight (8) years of experience working with engineering firms, large accounts, sales, field engineering, sales management, business development, or equivalent required
- Proven track record of developing and implementing account strategies
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant applications and proven capacity to identify and communicate new PLS opportunities
- Ability to develop long term account strategies
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Strong conceptual thinking skills and the ability to utilize creative and innovative approaches in problem-solving
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- High degree of organizational awareness and ability to navigate organizational matrix to leverage resources
- High level of motivation and customer focus, continuous improvement mentality required in a fastpaced results oriented environment
- Ability to influence a broad range of stakeholders
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
“How am I going to sell power tools? I’ve never drilled a hole in my life! That’s what I thought when I first joined Hilti, but it’s really not like that. It’s about nurturing your strengths and being rewarded for hard work.”