OUTPERFORMER- GLOBAL MANAGEMENT DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM (FINANCE TRACK)
What's the role?
We’re looking for the next generation of high-performing, multi-lingual, post-graduate talents to take our company forward. Hilti Outperformer is a global management development rotational program like no other, with real responsibility from day one.
Who is Hilti?
We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 23,000 people in more than 120 countries (3,000 here in North America), we’re a great place for you to show us your worth as you learn, grow and carve-out your career.
What does the role involve?
Hilti Outperformer is a two-year rotational program, where you’ll quickly be involved in a range of projects, with lots of exposure to senior management. It’s fast paced and challenging, but we’ll closely coach and mentor you. The program is split into four main stages of work:
12 months as an account manager in the United States.
6 months on an finance project that fits your skills.
6 months on an international finance project. If you’ve come from a mature market, you’ll likely work in an emerging market, and vice versa.
What do we offer?
Show us what you can do and, in return, you could have the experience of a lifetime, the opportunity to work internationally, and a fast-track career in global senior management with an unlimited contract. You’ll also take part in some fascinating courses and events:
Leadership development program – a comprehensive learning journey with IMD business school in Lausanne, Switzerland, with a certificate from IMD.
Business management training – individual training at Hilti. A focus on behavioral profiles, personal strengths, leadership styles and communication skills.
Global summit – 4-5 days at our global headquarters in Liechtenstein. A look at the way global business units function, plus soft skills like situational leadership and international teamwork.
Social project – 7-8 days ‘building a better future’. A hands-on and hugely impactful community project, like our recent house building for displaced refugees in Bosnia.
Why should you apply?
Ours is a high-performing culture for very driven people. If you’ve never worked in sales or construction, that’s not a problem. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
- You’ve recently graduated, or you’re preparing to graduate, with a master’s degree or PhD. Your degree is likely to be in Finance, but we’ll consider subjects like Accounting, Statistics or finance management if you can prove you have a mind for our business.
- You’ve spent at least three months to 24 months in a professional environment, like an internship, apprenticeship or work experience.
- You’re multilingual, fluent in English plus another language or two.
- You’ve gained international experience during work or studies abroad.
- You’re mature and assertive, curious and committed. You’re a flexible team player with good communication and social skills. You’re a global thinker, interested in general management topics, keen for intercultural experiences and opportunities working abroad.
Location of Assessment Center: Plano, TX
Tempted to apply or find out more?
“There’s a real family spirit and you can literally knock on any director’s door at any time. Also your line manager will work very hard to help you develop your skills, both professionally and personally.”