Measuring Support Specialist
What's the role?
The Training Specialist – Measuring Back Office is responsible to assure internal and external customers are provided up to date and accurate information on scanning and optical technical product information relevant to Hilti’s current and historical products, related repair services, product application / installation information, and sales support for high-end measuring tools via phone and computer. This role conducts product and software trainings with internal and external customers.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 28,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
• Develop written and video training support for internal and external customers
• Create phone and computer training script to support high-end measuring business
• Support Measuring Business Unit with designing high-end detection and optical tool training for internal and external customers
• Facilitate and deliver training to all specialist team members including product, Key PLS applications, trade, and AM processes
• Ensure that all Customer Service personnel have up to date and accurate product, technical, repair, and application information by timely distribution and routine inspections of both systems and hardcopy files
• Provide inside sales support for internal and external customers
• Provide timely and accurate defect analysis of all telephone related customer repair inquiries and provide appropriate solutions to meet customer needs
• Inform Business Units and Tool Services of related issues experienced by internal and external customers; when appropriate and after careful analysis, suggest solutions to the issues
• Additional duties as assigned
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
• Bachelor’s Degree required or applicable job-related experience
• Background in the construction industry
• Well versed in Auto CAD and Revit
• Strong training and presentation skills required
• Knowledge of SAP, PowerPoint, Windows, and Excel required
• Strong technical writing and communication skills required
• Working knowledge of construction methods and building codes preferred
• High energy, sense of urgency, and customer care skills required
• Strong interpersonal skills and the enthusiasm to deliver training to drive new team member engagement
*Preferably, internal candidates will have been in current role for at least 18-24 months
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.