What's the role?
The role of Measuring Specialist is responsible for sales development of advanced layout and high-end detection products within a specific geography. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, developing tactical sales plans, creating account specific sales strategies, driving sales force competencies, supporting the sales force by conducting product demonstrations, completing direct sales calls with customers, and implementing and steering product/marketing strategies in the application fields of advanced layout and highend detection.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 29,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
• Achieve sales and profitability targets for advanced layout and high-end detection products
• Analyze sales results, review customer factbase, identify key trades and customer size to develop tactical sales strategy
• Coordinate efforts of entire team of Account Managers, Regional Managers, Division Managers, Field Engineers & marketing team members with a goal of improving market reach of high-end measuring products
• Provide the sales organization expert "hands-on" and software support for highly technical products
• Plan, develop, and execute advanced layout and high-end detection product training for sales organization
• Plan and participate in trade shows and other industry events
• Visit construction jobsites to demonstrate advanced layout and high-end detection products and their software
• Support launch of new products to customers and team members by acquainting them with product feature benefits and tool functionality
• Support marketing by identifying and sharing new market and application opportunities
• Test new products, collect data and customer feedback and provide marketing support to ensure new products are developed per industry and customer needs
• Maintain close contact with customers to determine application and service needs
• Provide input into the development of competitor databases
• Communicate planning & recording activities in CRM & Smart phone applications
• Maintain knowledge of assigned product portfolio and related services (i.e. LTS, Fleet, etc.)
• Additional duties, as assigned
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
• Bachelor’s degree OR equivalent experience, required; specialization in Civil, Structural,
Surveying or related engineering field, preferred
• Three (3) to five (5) years’ successful outside direct sales experience and/or two (2) years’
direct sales management experience, required
• Two (2) to five (5) years’ experience in optical field (i.e. total stations), surveying experience in the construction field, or Hilti sales experience, preferred
• Experience with commercial construction processes on jobsites
• Proven time and territory management (TTM) success
• Ability to create and drive data driven strategic sales plan
• Highly motivated self-starter with strong technical aptitude
• Strong matrix manager with ability to create team buy-in and lead group
• Learning agility: Fast to action with the confidence that they can learn along the way
• Willingness to relocate to assigned geography required for Measuring Specialist position and elsewhere for possible future positions
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Fluency in English, required; bilingual (Spanish) preferred
• Computer experience using CAD and/or Revit, preferred
*Preferably, internal candidates will have been in current role for at least 18-24 months
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.