Materials Handler - Dayton, NJ
What's the role?
The role of Materials Handler is responsible for providing superior sales support and customer service by working with the manufacturing team; supporting the overall manufacturing operation through work flow coordination, scheduling material movements, participate and/or facilitate in “Lean” objectives, and by maintaining a high level of functional expertise, all while sustaining the global production processes.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
operational execution of warehouse tasks responsibility for shift group
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
• High School diploma or GED, required
• Minimum four (4) years’ proven warehouse experience, preferred
• Demonstrated reliability as an independent contributor
• PC literate; proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook and Power Point
• Excellent attention to detail
• Good math skills
• Power equipment skills (forklift, pallet jack)
• Ability to work in a team environment and maintain self- responsibility
• Ability to stay committed, maintain integrity and practice innovation
• Dependability a must
• Flexibility in work schedule
Occasional domestic travel, required.
Adverse Working Conditions:
• Erratic temperature control (hot in summer, cold in winter)
• Workshop environment is subject to hear, cold, noise, dust and other particles
• Operation of large equipment and machinery (i.e. production machines and forklifts)
Safety Equipment Required:
• Must observe and abide by any and all safety regulations as required by Hilti and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
• Proper labeling and handling of hazardous materials per Hilti and OSHA policy
• Must wear steel toe boots, safety glasses, safety vest, and other safety equipment as required when working in the warehouse and/or operating machinery
• Regular heavy lifting of 50 + lbs.
• Occasional heavy lifting up to 75 lbs. required
• Warehouse material handling equipment and truck loading / unloading
• Must be able to tolerate a variable climate, prolonged standing, repetitive bending and reaching, and climbing up and down ladders
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.