Material Manager II
What's the role?
The role of the Materials Manager II is to successfully execute the principals of Strategic Supply Chain Management which directly contribute to Hilti’s objectives for sustainable, profitable growth.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
•Partner with Sales, Marketing, Global Supply Chain, Global BU, and Finance to achieve targeted sales and sustainable, profitable growth
•Serve as single point of contact for project business data collection
•Responsible for project business forecast for HNA
•Responsible for scheduling, facilitating and leading the monthly MO-SFI meetings for all MO’s in HNA
•Updating of queries and management of project business sales & operations tools
•Maintenance of planning tools and training documents
•Creating, tracking and updating inventory investment requests
•Processing the materials management risk assessment portion of LOD’s (Large Order Directives)
•Coordinating and providing training on the project business process to PMO, Materials Management and HNA Sales Teams
• Quarterly attend BDST in Tulsa to share/train new sales team members on project business processes
• Continuously updating the Project Business SharePoint page to keep data accurate, concise and streamlined
• Manage forecasting for large tool orders and/or fleet orders for Materials Management
• Fulfillment topics for unplanned projects
• Process improvements for project business sales and operations planning
• Alignment globally with project business counterparts
• Reporting analysis on CCN’s for project business
• Coordinate with internal customers contributing to the agreed upon sales strategies and the execution of stocking strategy in all locations to support project business
• Collaborate with global process expert team for project management to develop, test, and implement new project business tools
• Work cohesively with materials management procedures and support to reduce resources expended to procure and distribute product
• Support materials management to provide transparency to Sales and Marketing regarding short supply of high revenue items (constrained stock report)
• Support materials management in the management of lifecycle of product portfolio including item creation, master data maintenance, sales forecasts, promotion planning, and phase out
• Develop accurate sales forecasts and ensure that Business Unit level forecasts are aligned with the Annual Sales Plan and manage history values within APO (MRP module) to find and correct outliers
• Ensure timely ordering of product, while ensuring that MRP planned releases support financial goals
• Utilize established reporting to review data exceptions; ensure timely execution of monthly review and maintenance of all safety stock
• Operate within inventory budget through good inventory control practices
• Support materials management to drive efforts with the sales team to reduce obsolescence
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in a supply chain environment
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- MBA/Master’s Degree and/or logistics certification required, or in process (examples: Six Sigma Green Belt or Higher, APICS, Institute for Supply Chain Management, Council of supply chain Management, etc)
- PMO or other logistics experience preferred
- Proven knowledge of forecasting concepts in SAP ERP
- Demonstrated knowledge of Hilti products
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and make recommendations
- Proven ability to solve problems and make decisions
- Knowledge of PC and software applications required, specifically MS Excel and MS Word
- Strong knowledge of Hilti’s Cultural Journey and desire to lead in this area
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with ERP systems including DRP/MRP and Inventory modules
- Detail oriented, excellent follow-up and organizational skills required
Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.