What's the role?
The role of Senior Warehouse Worker is responsible to provide superior sales support and customer service by working with the distribution team through the receiving, warehousing and order fulfillment functions. Duties include, but are not limited to, support the overall Distribution Center (DC) operations through work flow coordination and training, participate and/or facilitate in organizational “Lean” objectives, and Maintain a high level of functional expertise and demonstrate the ability to train and support small groups, while sustaining global processes.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 28,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
• Maintain functional expertise by reviewing and retaining task related ERP system transactions
• Contribute to team goals by accomplishing tasks while meeting key performance targets
• Maintain a safe and clean work environment by keeping pallet areas, racks, shelves and workstations neat and orderly
• Prepare Hazmat paperwork for related shipments (UPS / FEDEX / LTL)
• Prepare Bills of Lading
• Returns handling (RMA’s)
• Maintain inventory control by utilizing appropriate equipment, performing cycle counts and performing reconciliation of counts
• Maintain quality service by following organizational standards
• Maintain a clean and safe environment
• Provide leadership within day to day distribution operations while focusing on meeting and/or exceeding team performance targets, with or without management on site
• Provide constructive coaching to team members
• Interact with all levels of the organization, as needed
• Work with and train team members utilizing Situational Leadership skills
• Perform daily reporting and/or ERP system requirements
• Open and close facility as needed and work in emergency situations
• Additional duties as assigned
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
• High School diploma or GED, preferred
• Minimum four (4) years’ proven warehouse experience, required
• Proven leadership experience, preferred
• PC literate, proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook and Power Point
• Excellent attention to detail
• Good math skills
• Power equipment skills (forklift, pallet jack)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work in a team environment and maintain self- responsibility
• Ability to stay committed, maintain integrity and practice innovation
• Dependability a must
• Willingness to travel to support HNA distribution network
• Flexibility in work schedule
Up to 25% travel in support of distribution network, required.
Adverse Working Conditions:
• Erratic temperature control (hot in summer, cold in winter)
• Workshop environment is subject to hear, cold, noise, dust and other particles
• Operation of large equipment and machinery (i.e. production machines and forklifts)
Safety Equipment Required:
• Must observe and abide by any and all safety regulations as required by Hilti and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
• Proper labeling and handling of hazardous materials per Hilti and OSHA policy
• Must wear steel toe boots, safety glasses, safety vest, and other safety equipment as required when working in the warehouse and/or operating machinery
• Regular heavy lifting of 50 + lbs.
• Occasional heavy lifting up to 75 lbs. required
• Warehouse material handling equipment and truck loading / unloading
• Must be able to tolerate a variable climate, prolonged standing, repetitive bending and reaching, and climbing up and down ladders