Market Insights Analyst- Plano
What's the role?
The Market Insights Analyst II is responsible for leveraging analytics and data driven processes to provide insights on the competition, market, and customers to guide business decisions on brand strategy, product portfolio management, integrated market planning, and new product development. This role will interact with a cross-functional team to identify, frame, and execute analysis on related strategic business questions. It is responsible for analyzing market share drivers and the development and implementation of analytic models.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 locations, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
• Monitor and analyze general economic and construction activity and trends; report to internal stakeholders within marketing, sales, and other corporate functions
• Gather, coordinate, and support the ongoing tracking of key competitors and benchmarking, including the determination of relative market share and overall market share on an annual basis
• Assess, capture, and translate complex business issues and requirements into structured analytics use cases
• Develop easy to use, interactive, and intuitive data visualizations using data to tell a story and drive actionable insights
• Utilize a hypothesis-driven, problem-solving approach to design, construct, and test exploratory analyses to reveal insights and opportunities for the marketing team
• Collaborate with internal clients and external resources to provide marketing intelligence support
• Create and maintain reliable models for market sizing
• Research, monitor, analyze, and distribute strategic competitor insight on a consistent basis
• Conduct analysis and forecasting of construction spending and benchmarks against sales performance
• Deliver specific and detailed qualitative and quantitative analysis on market, including opportunity assessment
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including ongoing training and lots of responsibility from the start. In return for your exceptional performance and consistent results, you’ll receive one-to-one career mentoring, as well as exciting opportunities domestically and internationally.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
• Bachelor’s degree required; emphasis in Business, Behavioral or Applied Economics, Informatics, Business Analytics or related quantitative field
• Minimum three (3) years of relevant experience, required
• Strong analytic skills and ability to solve complex problems, required
• Expert proficiency in MS Excel including advanced formulas and macros, required
• Advanced knowledge of Tableau, Power BI, or similar data visualization software, required
• Master’s in Business Administration, preferred
• Experience in statistics, econometrics and decision science, preferred
• Knowledge of Alteryx data blending, preferred
• Excellent communication and consultative skills with the ability to clearly explain technical concepts and analytics-driven findings to business stakeholders including C-level executives
• Experience in data collection methods
• Knowledge of tools and techniques to capture, analyze, and disseminate actionable, market, customer and competitive insights
• Ability to synthesize data from a wide variety of sources, skilled in analysis and reporting
• Knowledge of programming languages a plus (R, Python, SQL)
• Demonstrated understanding of marketing measurement techniques (KPI’s) with a strong technical acumen
• Strong project and time management skills with the ability to meet short deadlines
*Preferably, internal candidates will have been in current role for at least 18-24 months
“Hilti, Inc is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.”